Partners in Crime (4)

Poppy would have loved to go running to The Doctor and Donna. But she had a job, she had a life. It was fun when they were running, oh god it was fun. She felt alive. But when she watched Miss Foster fall, she realised that's what life with The Doctor is like.

Also, that Woman, Rose Tyler. Was she the Rose? Poppy fell onto her sofa in exasperation. Her glasses were back on and her hair was up in a bun, however her coat was hanging up on the door. Her apartment was small and expressive, this meant she didn't have much furniture and there was a huge space in front of her, a space of which something was slowly appearing in.

A familiar sound filled her ears and she looked up. There stood the TARDIS. The Doctor swung open the door and turned around to give Donna a look. He then sat down next to Poppy "you sort of ran off earlier,"

"Yeah,"

"Was it to do with your boss?"

"Kind off,"

"Donna's coming,"

"I guessed,"

"The offer still stands for you know," Poppy looked down and The Doctor saw the doubt flash in her eyes. He wanted her to come. He had no idea why, but her needed her to come "Why did you choose history?" she looked up in shock "to teach. Why do you love it so much?" She sighed.

"When I was 18," she starts, The Doctor listening intently "I woke up in a hospital room. No memory of my life," The Doctor's eyes widen "I remember how to read, wright, loads about science. But anything personal. Poof," she did hand movements "the only thing I could remember vividly. Was history. I could tell you about any era perfectly,"

"Wow,"

"Yeah, I guess it's how I connect to my old life. Whoever I was,"

"Come and see that then,"

"I can't I have a job - the other teachers are terrible," The Doctor sat up and looked in her eyes

"I can get you back in time for tomorrow. No-one would know you left," Poppy still looked sceptical "when you woke up, what was your first instinct?"

"Run," Poppy whispered

"Then run, run through time and space and get back to teach about the queen hours after you've met her," Poppy looked up at the TARDIS. It's like it was pleading as well "just try it. One trip. Then if you want to be dropped back. Fine," Poppy tried to fight it. But her instincts took over. She paused for a few moments to decide, to fight off her sub-conscious.

"Okay," The Doctor stands and opens the doors. Poppy steps in carefully

"Welcome abored the TARDIS,"