Dead girl

A few days later
Most of the car journey was me sleeping or staring out the window. I didn't feel so comfortable around my car-mate anymore, last night he left the motel room and starting yelling stuff in what I guessed was Irish and seemed to angry and I can't help feeling it's because of me. I mean I did sort of hypnotise him, not give him a straight answer, that can annoy someone who's already annoyed. My eyes were currently closed when someone kept prodding me harshly in the arm "don't die in my fuckin' car" I rolled my eyes and sat up a bit taking a deep inhale "if you want to kill me, you need to do better than a boring lazy car ride"

As soon as I stepped on the car, I stretched my spine leaning down, when I peaked up, he was resting on the side of the bonnet centimetres from me, his eyes piercing needles into my back "I'm fine" I saw his eye roll as I straightened up but as soon as I did, I regretted it. He had me backed up against the car, I went to open my mouth to ask what he was doing but he covered my mouth with his hand while his other reached around me "no show tunes this time, 'darling'?" I know what he was trying to get but I wasn't just going to let him take one of my own defences. My hands blocked his desperately but he pressed me further into the car crushing both our hands into the metal causing a smile to creep across his lips.

After a little while i had to remove them to regain blood circulation but he just stuck his fingers into my back just enough to make room for him to slip down the back of my waistband and feel the blade of the knife "ahh, there it is. Did ya really think I wouldn't notice you checkin' every fuckin' second?" I screamed against his hand as he grasped the handle dragging it out of contact. I tried flattening my back against the vehicle but he adjusted the tip so every time I did, it stuck a little into my skin causing me to wince. I tried to calling him a 'bastard' but it just came out as a muffled murmur which made him lean closer "what was that? Couldn't hear" I tried to knee him but I realised he was standing on the tips of my shoes so I wouldn't feel it so much.

He brought the knife out and ran it down my windpipe towards my chest making me shiver as I aimlessly muttered words under my breath "do you ever shut up?!" I bit down on his finger making him yell and stumble backwards "bitch!" I took a few steps towards him "you can cling onto that knife for now, but it can't stop me. It's not like your little coin where your luck goes with it, that's just a knife" I started eyeing him up and down. He'd dug laura's grave last night but when I went back and checked, she wasn't there. And I didn't like that.

"All it takes is a little tune and I can get you to do whatever I want" I pulled up my waistband "your braver than I thought, I'll give you that, but now that you have the knife, what are you going to do with it?" His eyes locked onto mine "you'll just have to wait and see, won't ya?" I started walking to where Laura was last sighted, or at least a Laura lookalike. I only found out it was actually her when sweeney entered and was thrown against the wall, then there she was.

I stumbled inside the door with one hand clasped to my mouth "L-Laura?" Her head turned to me "lorelyn!" On the inside I cringed at my name and the fact that the man on the floor had heard it but I just hugged her tightly not caring that she smelled like one of my meals, yes I was a cannibal or was but I would never kill my best friend. A few tears slipped but were quickly brushed away by the corpse of a friend in front of me "you're fuckin' 'Lorelyn' now?!" I crouched down next to him "sucks to be you doesn't it?" As I stood, Laura brushed a few strands of hair out of my face "you're a mess" I shrugged "that's what I get for being stuck in a car with a leprechaun for days" as we laughed, Sweeney tried to kick me "Hey! I'm right fuckin' here you know?!" I nodded "that was the whole point of it"

I flopped on the bed as the two talked or fought, whatever you want to call it. "Wait! if he's a leprechaun, what are you?!" I propped myself up on my elbows with my head cocked to the side "you, I'll tell later. I'll let him figure it out since when he finds out, he won't like it" she then walked over and lifted my shirt slightly to see the large vertical scar reaching from my ribs to my abdomen "feel like explaining that?" I sighed rolling into a cross legged position "like him, I had a life in the other world. I was married and pregnant, almost due actually. There are rules in my kind that others don't, it's why I was reluctant to come. One night I told my husband to stay in while I worked in the tavern...I was knocked out, when I woke up, I had rough stitches where my baby once was being made, I rushed home to tell my husband I'd 'lost the baby'. The whole house was coated in his blood, it trailed out to the nearest lake...where I found his body floating half mauled eyes wide open staring at the sky..."

I shuffled to the edge of the bed silently "I'm gonna get some air" just as I reached the door, Laura said "it's raining outside" I didn't care if the whole world flooded but if I didn't move from here, I would be more of a mess than I already was and I didn't want to cry in front of Sweeney. It's just the way that the story flowed from my tongue like it meant nothing but it hurt more than anything.

 It's just the way that the story flowed from my tongue like it meant nothing but it hurt more than anything

Now they both knew the truth about my personal stake in this but not Wednesday's stake in me. I sat on the floor outside already soaked trying to control myself but still chokes could be heard now and then. One if my fingers ran up and down the scar sentimentally as I heard the door open then close "you're going to catch a cold" I shook my head at Laura's words "I'm a siren, we live in cold water" she leaned under the shelter watching me as if I might detonate like a bomb "I'm sorry they did that to you" I stared into the darkness "it's my fault really, the rule is no marriage or anything like that so it doesn't compromise our loyalty to the pod leader. I escaped, fell in love and I didn't even have the strength to find out what happened to the baby. What kind of mother does that?" I stood staring at her, I wiped the water from my face "one that's just been widowed and cut open"

I walked back inside "refreshing enough for you, 'darling'?" I went straight to the bathroom and started to clean up "shut up, lucky charms!" I may of intentionally missed a few deals but it wasn't key. We all settled down and agreed we'd leave tonight. I took the rest of the time to sleep and freshen up.