Falling short

The next day
Wednesday was preparing for an 'old gods' meeting. I was planning to live up to my promise with Laura and do a movie day. Sweeney has announced he'd have to leave for about a month which he was far from happy about but Wednesday needed him to do stuff. I offered to go with him but he said I'd be 'better at home in the warm' whatever that means. At this moment in time, I was cooking for the gods like some kind of housewife.

"Can someone tell lorelyn to stop cooking! We'll end up with a whole fucking feast in here!" I felt a pair of arms slip around my waist edging me away from the stove "can I at least finish cooking this? I'm almost done!" I couldn't help but giggle as his fingers brushed my bare skin as his fingertips danced on my collarbone and hands "this is the last one. Or we're going home" I continued working on my masterpiece until it was complete but the second it was, the leprechaun carried me away out of the kitchen and into one of the spare bedrooms. He laid me down gently the laid on top of me kissing my stomach then my lips, i had to keep shushing him "I'm starting to regret telling you it's a girl. The only reason I know this early on is because grandmother told me! But we have to keep quiet" he cocked his head smiling "I ain't the one talking"

I shook my head smirking and kissed him as I heard footsteps near the door "what'd I say about screwing each other under my roof!" I got up and straightened my outfit opening the door "we were just admiring the decorations" I left the room pulling Sweeney out behind me "see? Weren't screwing" he gave me a hard laugh "I'll believe that when the new gods step down" I temporarily left Sweeney and pulled Wednesday aside "while I was 'absent', one of them showed me this red button, said as soon as it was pressed, it would give us three months before the bombs fall and the world resets. I escaped yesterday but I don't know if it's been pressed" he gave me a worried look "remember what they looked like?" I fiddled with one of my braids "bowler sort hat, suit, strongish bone structure. Oh and kinda blonde, seemed to know everything"

 Oh and kinda blonde, seemed to know everything"

He sighed "Mr World. I'll sort everything out, why don't you go enjoy the party?" I gave him a fake smile and linked arms with the leprechaun. Soon people started to arrive and there I was still sneaking around with lucky charms until Laura found us. She'd set up the most adorable little movie theatre for us, fluffy blanket, heavy duvets and even a pregnancy pillow for me to curl up, she had my favourite kind of popcorn which is caramel and a movie already set to play.

I crept in on the right side where my pillow was, how did she even know I normally had the right side of the bed? I automatically snuggled down into the centre of the pillow with the duvet tucked under my arm, I was honestly ready to go sleep, right there, right then but I would make an effort to stay awake for my beautiful best friend who planned all this for me let alone put it together without me knowing or seeing "you ladies gonna be alright in here?" I nodded enthusiastically as she tilted her head at him "what do you think I'm gonna do? Kill her? No, we're just having a movie night! Worst I'm gonna do is cuddle with her" I gave him puppy dog eyes begging him to leave me in this heaven of glorified comfort.

He stared into my eyes for a short while before slipping out the door pulling it to a close as Laura hit play on the remote then as she said she'd do and cuddled up into my back with an arm slung over my stomach.

Wednesday's POV
The meeting wasn't getting anywhere and no one had checked on the ladies for a while. I allowed mad Sweeney to go check on them, I watched as he opened the door, I think this was one of the first times I'd seen the man smile so I moved around the table and peeked inside the room to see what he was smiling at. Both girls were snoozing as the next movie began to play. I noticed lorelyn was laying on a weird shaped pillow "what's with the banana pillow?"

He was brought out of his daze "how should I know? The wife brought it with her" I chuckled at the sight, I crept around the other side of the bed to see my goddaughter's face with a slight smile and her eyes naturally to a close. She looked more peaceful than Laura who had her head turned into the crook of lorelyn's neck as if she was trying to hide. I exited to the room content with the look of things and sat back down at the table where the topic of conversation had shifted to the girl napping in the strange pillow

"Do you remember when you first found her?" I sighed "I didn't 'find' her, her parents tried to rob me"

Flashback
A crowd had formed in the centre of Ithaca market as a beautiful voice serenaded the villagers, I'd heard about this kind of creature but never come across one. As I got closer, I saw a young girl maybe 15,16 or so walking around singing foreign songs, she looked so innocent and sweet and yet there was a hint of regret and fear in the depths of her eyes that you could only see a glint of when she looked directly at you. I didn't miss the two adults I presumed to be her parents sliding things out of nearby villagers, the girl was just a distraction and yet I couldn't walk away.

As soon as a villager had been robbed of a valuable, they left as if by their own will even though I knew it wasn't, there was something about the motion of their walk had changed, it was stiff and forced.

I looked into the girl's eyes as I felt something slip from my back pocket. My wrist gripped the thief's hand with my belonging in his grasp "Lorelyn, epistrépste sto spíti kai periménete ekeí (Lorelyn, return home and wait there) she nodded sweetly "nai patéra (yes father)" I raised my other hand as she began to stray home wherever that maybe "diamoní (stay)" she wandered back cautiously "ó, ti kai na káneis me mas, iketévo apó séna. afíste to paidí na eínai! (whatever quarrel you have with us, i beg of you. leave the child be!)" I gave him a small smile

"Den skopévo na vlápso to paidí, mia mikrí chári. aftí gínetai i kóri mou dínontás tis tin efkairía mias kalýteris zoís kai diatireíte ta ploúti sas kai ti zoí sas (i don't intend to harm the kid, just a small favour. she becomes my daughter giving her the chance of a better life and you keep your riches and your lives)" her father looked elated "nai nai! Párte to korítsi tóra, an thélete! sas parakaloúme! doreán akóma! (yes, yes! take the girl now if you wish! please! for free even!)" his wife slapped him harshly "patéras! (Father!)" the wife rushed the daughter home to 'safety'

Flashback end
We agreed the actions that need to be taken against the 'new gods' and the bunkers needed to be prepared. As they filed out with fear in their hearts and worry in their minds, Mad Sweeney crept into the spare room and reappeared with Lorelyn limply in his arms slightly curled into his chest, Shadow did the same with Laura more dangling towards the floor, once they left, I decided to try and sort out the mess they made.