Sleep Ninjas

That night
I was sat on my sofa reading 'the book thief' when there was a knock at the door, due to what happened this morning, I was hesitant to answer it. I knew exactly who it was when I heard someone yell 'fuck!' the other side of the wooden frame while hitting it. I decided to use the peephole to check to see his Wednesday was with him but I honestly didn't know if he was hiding behind a corner somewhere.

I opened the door just a creak staring him in the eyes "where are you hiding him?" He looked surprised "what?!" I gestured around "Wednesday, where are you hiding him?" He signalled for me to let him in but I still held the door closed "you aren't moving from there until I know where my godfather is" he rolled his eyes and glanced around "He's at the crocodile bar" I nodded, shut the door and undid the lock fully swinging the door open letting out a silent gasp as he pushed past me "yes please come in, it's not like you helped Wednesday steal my crap" I spun around letting the door close.

"Don't be like that" the thick Irish accent make my spine chill "I don't know what you're talking about" I was suddenly thrown over his shoulder "Put me down or the next thing you'll feel is a knife carving out your shoulder blades" I heard him grab a beer from my fridge "no I won't" a blade was tossed on the sofa, I recognised it as my own. "Asshole! You kept that thing?!" He started flicking gold coins onto my back "yes, couldn't let you have it" I started prodding him in the back with no intention of stopping.

After a while, he dumped me down on the sofa giving me a dirty look "I said don't be like that" my hands were pinned above my head "I never listen to anyone's music other than my own" his lips hovered over mine just inches away. I brushed my own against his teasing him before he quickly consumed me in a kiss sweet as a fresh burning fire. For a moment I almost forgot my built-up anger towards my lover

"I still hate you" his eyes searched my mind for the truth "Liar" I flipped us so that I was on top sat upright "I don't just hate anyone you know?"  He rolled his eyes "right, cause everyone thinks your a daisy chain" I leaned forward on his chest "you like me right? I mean why would you be here otherwise?" My eyes begged at his soul for an answer, I was trying to get a serious answer from him but once you've been knocked around your own house and hung upside down, I don't know if my puppy dog eyes were still the same, I mean they worked on Wednesday a few times.

He suddenly sat up letting our lips smash hard, i was starting to get the idea of why he was here but I also felt like he was hiding something from me. But he wouldn't betray me again...would he? I wrapped my arm around the back of his neck, I decided to steal his line

"Don't push your luck, I'm still mad at you" he started to work his magic down my neck while trailing icy gold coins down my arms, i swore under my breath proving that I'd given in to him. I didn't even care if it was bad luck to bed a leprechaun, all I knew is that this was a bad idea but I loved him. All this would backfire someday but who the hell was I to care? Everything backfires on those who don't deserve it but I deserved it bad.

 All this would backfire someday but who the hell was I to care? Everything backfires on those who don't deserve it but I deserved it bad

We parted for air but my eyes were still on his lips longing for more. I stood quickly and went to make some beverages. I was particularly playful today but there was just something off and I couldn't move past it.

Halfway through making the warm drinks, I felt a hand slip up the back of my nightshirt and travel round to my front to trace my scar "Don't play with me" I felt his fingers toy with the hem of my shorts "I'm not playing" I gently put the drinks to one side before spinning round to face him. His grip was firmly on my waist as I lifted myself onto the counter "good" we were fast back into motion of making out leading to me being shoved further onto the counter.

Eventually we did reach the bed, but it was only after a while, a long long while, that we actually tried to sleep. It was only when I woke up from a nightmare that I saw what was really going on. Wednesday stood searching the place, I jerked my finger towards to door knowing I couldn't stand up because I was butt naked, it didn't matter if the room was almost pitch black, Wednesday wasn't blind...yet. He smirked at me as sweeney pulled me, something told me he was awake by the fact his breathing pattern wasn't as subtle as it was before.

Wednesday found the book quickly as I stuck both my middle fingers up at him in front of my chest before he made his way out of the apartment. I wasn't going to let this slip so easily but still forced myself into a deep sleep.