Gold turns to Black

The next day

I was requested to sing at a gentleman's club which I wasn't overly fond of but if it could help the ballet studio with funding then so be it! It was only for a few hours right? Just as long as no one touched me like that then I guess I would be ok.

I took a deep breath as I entered the club and descended the stairway earning a few whistles and cat calls which I ignored. They kept calling me 'Gold Finch' which was strange but I wasn't about to yell at men for being men.

I went into the back room to find a few security guards protecting my door, was assault really common here? It wasn't long before I heard yelling outside the door "c'mon out pretty bird! It'll be real fun!" I held back my tears, I didn't want to be a man's object again.

I strolled onto the stage as they announced was I guessed was my name "Let's give a warm welcome to the Gold finch from the New York ballet academy!" I put on a smile as they yelled for me to take off my clothes "let's see some leg!" My eyes fell closed as i took a deep breath before starting my song "I, I know where to lay, I know what to say, It's all the same, And I, I know how to play, I know this game, It's all the same"

I ran my hand up my leg "Now if I keep my eyes closed he looks just like you But he'll never stay, they never do. Now if I keep my eyes closed he feels just like you, But you've been replaced
I'm face to face with someone new" my hands ran up my body slowly before my arms spread wide swaying slightly.

"Would've gave it all for you, cared for you, So tell me where I went wrong, Would've gave it all for you, cared for you, My lover, my liar, Would've trade it all for you, there for you, So tell me how to move on, Would've trade it all for you, cared for you, My lover, my liar"

i did a little twirl and slapped my sides loudly before grabbing the mic again "Now if I keep my eyes closed he looks just like you, But he'll never stay, they never do, Now if I keep my eyes closed he feels just like you, But you've been replaced, I'm face to face with someone new, They don't realize that I'm thinking about you, It's nothing new, it's nothing new"

I ran my hands through my hair careful not to mess it up too bad but look slightly hotter than usual "Now if I keep my eyes closed he looks just like you
But he'll never stay, they never do Now if I keep my eyes closed he feels just like you, But you've been replaced I'm face to face with someone new"

I slowed down the last sentence and smiled as the applause started and men stood even though their pants were slung lowly on their waists, women stared at me harshly like I'd stolen their prey, it just reminded of how I used to be, begging at men's heals and wanting their praise.

I readjusted my dress before strutting confidently to my back room but found an anonymous letter with a wax seal that shook me to the core. It belonged to Mark's bloodline. There was stone cold chill that shook me to the spine and back. I took a seat in front of the letter taking deep breaths

Dear Lorelyn
I have a small confession. Forgive this pouring of my heart.
I cherish Ithaca beach, where we first met. The moment I clapped eyes on you, I knew you were going to be a glorious baby. Recently, I have began to regard you as much more than just a glorious baby.
My feelings for you intensified when I saw you working in the moonlight. I was further wowed by your tremendous dancing skills.
You have thighs like strong radishes and the most fiery ass I've ever seen. When I look at you, I just want to bash those strong radish thighs and consume that fiery ass.
You're so special with your hideous ways. The way you handle your aggressive ex friend shows great patience and empathy.
I know that to you I'm just a beautiful sweetheart but I think we could be happy together, collapsing like two sexy humming birds.
Please, say you'll be mine again Lorelyn!
All my love
Mark

I was morally disgusted, so much that I picked up my phone with tears running down my face and called Wednesday "who is this?" I forgot I was using my new phone "how quick can you get to New York? Please Wednesday I'm scared!" I heard him sigh "gi...

I was morally disgusted, so much that I picked up my phone with tears running down my face and called Wednesday "who is this?" I forgot I was using my new phone "how quick can you get to New York? Please Wednesday I'm scared!" I heard him sigh "give me a few hours, I'll be right outside your gentlemen's club"

I let out a sad chuckle "it's really not what you think" I heard him get in his car and start the engine "what's wrong?" I covered my mouth regaining my composure "Mark, um...he sent me a letter" there was a short pause "what's in it?" I tried to limit my vocabulary so that it was okay if he was going past any kids and had the windows open "some very disturbing and sexual thoughts of his"

We kept talking until he pulled up outside, by this time I'd changed into something more comfortable and less revealing. I rushed out to the car with my stuff in hand and dumped it in the back of the car immediately breaking down into tears as I put the letter in his hand "he's coming for me"

He brought me into a hug where I longed to stay forever but he needed to read the written words. His face shifted into disgust and horror then sorrow before he drove us to my apartment to pack everything up then back to my old apartment where I wanted to feel safe.