Oceanic vibes

The next day
We'd pit-stopped for a bathroom break for sweeney but we were in the middle of no where, there was a lake nearby allowing more sirens to find me. My worry is that they thought we were together and were going to try and kill him just out of suspicion. I turned away while he did his thing but Laura was insistent to keep moving, and frankly deep down, so was I. Nonathei was the pod leader when I left, she was strong, ruthless but understanding towards temptation but I feel I've gone out of bounds. If I could just get my knife back into my possession then I could relax a little but Sweeney still has it.

No one had brought up the topic of my story since when we picked up Madam Moon or 'Dead Wife' as sweeney calls her, but if we saw Nonathei, that would surely surface into a brand new detail that I'm not sure I'm comfortable with. "So I take it you haven't seen Shadow since you've been revived?" Laura was leant next to me on the car away from a male friend in the bush "nope, not sure how'd he take it" I took a deep breath "how do you tell the man you love you've come back to life but only halfway?"

I stared at the floor "I guess it's just an in the moment thing?" Something quickly caught my eye in the lake ahead but that's when I heard her voice, a low humming that could've been coming from anywhere, it was a trick I knew all too well. "Lorelyn" my head jerked to the right to see Nonathei strolling down the abandoned road towards me "Nonathei" her eyes glided towards Sweeney "let him go" I started forward "he's just an ally, there's no need for this" her hand gestured to my waist area "he touched you - you liked it in an odd way for an ally"

I glared in her eyes "I'm not part of the pod anymore, perhaps your the one who needs to let go?" She shoved me hard hissing, a show of dominance among sirens "you do not get to make that decision!"

I hissed back portraying that I wasn't going to back down and a fight was going to happen "you took everything from me. What does it matter if you kill me?" Out came her blades, one in each hand...I knew I was done for "your husband is alive, and he wants you back" I managed to land a kick in her stomach giving myself some room to move, she noticed that I was trying to shut her up

"You haven't told them yet?" I glanced back at sweeney who was chatting to a bird "you haven't told them at all! Oh this is just precious!" She slid the knives back into her pockets and circled me laughing.

Sweeney started scrambling around for my knife "have you even told them what you are?! Where you are from?! I should've known you'd be just like your parents...scum"

I managed to pry one out of her grasps and then without thinking threw it into the tree behind me. When I turned back, she had me leant backwards over the bonnet with the knife against my windpipe

"Go on, do it!" The blade pressed further into my neck until Laura piped up "what didn't you tell us?" I bit my cheek "the so called 'husband' she loved was a cheater. Sleeping with another woman the night we ended him"

I let a few tears slip "I knew all these years it was you!" Blood drew from my neck as the knife was pressed a little more into to my airways "he may of once being your 'prince charming' but you and I know what he was doing to you was wrong"

I head butted her off me "we were working it out!" I threw my jacket off and cracked my knuckles "if we're gonna do this, we both know the way this should go"

the blades clattered to the floor as she removed her leather and stroked her hair "I'd hoped it wouldn't come to this" my finger wiped the crimson from my throat and strut towards the lake slowly removing my top.

Eventually we both stood naked in the lake ready to battle. I slid under the water breathing out the remains of the air in my lungs.

My legs morphed into fins as I kneeled on the floor, my eyes scanned the water for my enemies, that's when I noticed that it wasn't just Nonathei, they were all here

My legs morphed into fins as I kneeled on the floor, my eyes scanned the water for my enemies, that's when I noticed that it wasn't just Nonathei, they were all here...and so was I.

Aetune, Dorearene, Avalea and Elicia were all just girls from the village, like me but I was already a siren, these girls were human but got sired inviting them in and down into the water and it just so happened to be a full moon.

Something hard suddenly hit me in the face, it was someone's fluke, Elicia's to be exact. We were close once but when she found out I broke the code, she turned her back on me. One thing burdened my mind, Laura and lucky charms were still on land and I didn't know how many sirens were around, they needed to leave me or they'd never make it out alive.

 One thing burdened my mind, Laura and lucky charms were still on land and I didn't know how many sirens were around, they needed to leave me or they'd never make it out alive

I powered through the top of the water and spotted them on the shore trying to work out who was where

"Guys! Get out of here! Go!" I was suddenly dragged back under as a set of teeth dug into the side of my tail, I heard voices scream my name but it wasn't really audible as water filled my ears.

I punched Aetune around the jaw which led to her head getting knocked into a rock, Avalea saw this sadly and went straight for the neck strangling me with my own t shirt which I was hoping to keep dry but apparently that wasn't an option.

I clawed at the fabric as I tried to swim upwards but the farthest I got was the surface of the water but that was just for a second. At least three were on me tearing me apart as I tried to gain some air.

But just before I was pulled under, I noticed the leprechaun starting into the water towards me, no! He needs to back or they'll kill him! He'd already thrown of his jacket leaving the man in just a vest and braces which were now drenched as he strode to at least waist height.

I broke away from the group leaving a stream of crimson trailing from every wound. I surfaced in front of him making his eyes lock with mine immediately putting him under my control "stop. Turn around, get in the car with Laura and continue the mission...let me go"

In the depths of his eyes was a glimmer of hurt but streaks of tears were flowing down my own face "go" I temporarily pressed my lips to his before watching him wander out of the water then towards the car.

Laura picked up his jacket while screaming at him to help me, I just shook my head at her telling her not to help me.

The battle must of gone on for hours before I had a bloodied siren latched on to every limb while Nonathei had a blade ready to finish it

"I may of betrayed the code but at least I was happy" she narrowed her eyes at me "it was the hormones" I shrugged coughing blood "even so, I can take that to the grave"

There weren't many places on me that blood hadn't already poured from, but it was always going to end this way, it was 5-1, those aren't odds I favoured.

"Death would be too kind on you" she gave a nod to Dorearene but she wasn't the only one who knew what was coming next.

I was dragged under and abused against the sharp rocks "you betrayed us! You betrayed me! All for a man? Who then knocked you up and took out his pain and carved it into you?! I thought you were smarter than that!"

I let her bash my body with several rocks, I wasn't going to fight when I didn't have the strength to.

All I could think about was the fact I saved one and a half lives in trade for one, that seemed a pretty good deal to me.

Eventually I ended up where I was meant to be - beached on the bank slowly drying up suffocating but I had other plans. As soon as they were gone and I was dry, I morphed back and got dressed before starting my walk to the next motel where I could get fixed up.