Break me please

A while later
It turned out the next motel was closed so I ended up stumbling covered in dried blood two motels down to where the people I saved were staying, part of me wanted to keep moving but I made myself slump next to their door, I confess that I needed help but deep down a small part of me hoped that my goodbye was final.

I didn't want to hear what Sweeney thought of me now, kissing him while he was sired and forcing him to leave me.

I got to my feet and knocked on the door once before it opened up with 'dead wife' in the doorway "Oh my god! You're alive?! You know what, doesn't matter, get in here!"

She ushered me inside touching a few places on my back that were far from healed earning painful noises from me "Fuck" she couldn't understand how I survived but the main thing was that I endured it all and was still able to walk.

I sank down the wall with gritted teeth "I'm ok" she tapped my shoulder causing a yelp of pain to escape from my mouth "point taken"

She sat me on what I presumed was her bed and took of my jacket immediately almost gagging at the injures "what the fuck they do to you?! Stick you in a blender?!"

I winced as I poked one of the gashes with my finger "it's an old siren torture method, they scrape your back against the floor until there's a chance you won't live...I've been through it before"

I kept holding in my laugh at the fact she kept attempting to look at the injury but just couldn't. I think it's mostly because I'm still alive so the blood looks different and I'm not so corpsey.

I got up to run a bath or at least clean up but she did it instead. I decided to waddle outside for some air but went to turn back when I saw lucky charms was there "you made me leave you, why?"

I took a deep breath "you would've died before you even reached me, I was saving you" his glance turned to me "that wasn't your call to make, 'darling'" I looked down at the car park "no, but I made it my call

I took a deep breath "you would've died before you even reached me, I was saving you" his glance turned to me "that wasn't your call to make, 'darling'" I looked down at the car park "no, but I made it my call. And I would do it again"

He put the cigarette between his lips and then removed it as smoke seeped from his mouth "sirens - we aren't the same as mermaids. There's a curse that only few would know about, it's the way I became one. One night a boat of fishermen went out, my father was one of them, no one knows what happened out there but something happened. When they came back, their daughters started to either die off and suffer extreme pain or craving to drown themselves. I was in the second category. I tried to drown myself in the tub one night, all who became sirens were then black marks to their families"

I sighed staring off into the distance "my parents would force me to sing to distract people so they didn't notice they were being robbed, if I didn't, I wouldn't eat that night. Wednesday was among the people they attempted to steal from, the deal was that I would be his godchild and they would keep their lives and their riches. My father was a selfish man so he took the deal and even tried to sell me there and then to the god, we never looked at him the same way again"