Far far away

Today

It only took me a few minutes to decide I was sick and tired of swallowing fish oil tablets, I knew of a remedy but I didn't know where it was. I booked a car which would be dropped at my apartment then it would be my getaway vehicle for a few weeks while I dived in and out of water trying to find the 'magic' seaweed.

I wasn't planning to tell my lover nor my best friend of this, I didn't want either of them to be with me if this goes awry, plus Laura deserves more time with her husband, and I needed to get further away from mine.

My bags were packed and my hair was in a half bun ready for a long drive to wherever I was going, my phone received a message saying that my car had arrived so I grabbed my stuff before making my way down to the streets to find 'my' black Land Rover waiting for me, with a few temporary alterations, it would be a comfy warm road trip.

After a few hours or so, my phone started to ring. The little screen in the centre of the car read 'Wednesday', I pressed the answer button next to it "Hey 'old man'" I still couldn't wrap my head around the fact Wednesday called himself my 'old man' "it would appear you've gone on a solo road trip"

I smiled at the wording he used "yup, just, me myself and I. Looking for a little 'magic' seaweed to try and slay the cravings" I peered in the car mirror "I went to drop off the book but you weren't home" I bit my lip cautiously "yea, why don't you hang onto that thing? It's probably better I don't read that book anytime soon."

There was a short pause then a sigh "are you afraid of him?" Of course I was afraid of Mark! He tortured me for god knows how long?! I'm not just gonna let that go! I took a deep breath "no" even I could hear the lie in the words. I saw a little gas station coming up and decided to take a breather there "look, I'm gonna have to call you back. Something's come up" I was really craving a burger and fries, maybe a milkshake? I'd have to see what was available.

I parked the car and started towards the liquor store disappointed to not see any big food joints. A bag of sandwiches, confectionery, microwave meals and water is what I ended up with, but when I put it in my car, a voice was heard behind me "you're her aren't you? The 'perfect wife'?"
The only time someone had called me the 'perfect wife', it was in Greek "who's asking?" One glance in the car window told me it was Ruby, this was far from good.

" 'Husband Stealer' " I smirked "yea well you can keep him

" 'Husband Stealer' " I smirked "yea well you can keep him. Never did me any good" I heard her take a step closer "I just want to know, the baby? I was told you lost it but I just want to make sure I know what happened?" My smile faded as a hand absently fell to my stomach under my shirt

"And what then? You'll go tell Mark? Wife to fling, he won't believe a word you say until he sees it for himself, then he'll blame you. Doesn't matter if you were 'out of the country' or 'in jail somewhere', he'll make it your fault. Doesn't matter if he's good in bed or you're desperate to bare his babies even though they kick like hell, get out of there. Doesn't matter who you are, or how many years it's been, men don't change"

I lifted my T-shirt for her to see the scar "yes, I lost the baby. Someone cut it out of me the night he 'died', I understand that now but you need to put distance between you and him before it gets ugly, because once it does, there's no turning back"

her expression turned to one of disgust "I'll do what I want, when I want" I rolled my eyes "yea you two are perfect for each other" she went to land a blow but I slammed her head into the car then let her drop to the floor "sorry princess, but I guess you'll have to find out on your own" I got in a drove away before I could cause more of a scene.