Be my bullet

A few weeks later

Still no sign of the plant, Wednesday checked in now and then but I was quite a way away from jack's crocodile bar and the gas station. I felt like I'd started a new life all over again, no one knew me, and they didn't know my past. I made quick cash doing gigs in bars under the name 'The Scarlet River'. I was leant against the side of my car when my mobile phone decided to vibrate notifying me that I was wanted to be in contact with.

"Hello?" I heard a relieved sigh sound the other end before shouting into my ear drums "where the fuck are you?!" I smiled at Laura's frustration and care for me "Why?" Hushed arguing could be heard, she wasn't alone "We left a week or so ago, you weren't home, Wednesday said you'd meet us on the way. You didn't! What do you expect me to do?!"

I bit my lip to stop the laughter from erupting "I left a while before you did by the sound of it, I'm looking for something. Look, I can meet you guys for a meal or something, we can talk, sort this whole issue out?"

I held my breath tapping my foot on the floor waiting for a reply but when I got one, it was a different voice, that of the leprechaun's "Hi" I contemplated what to say "are you mad at me?" There was a short pause "why would I be mad? It's not like you fucking ditched me and left without saying a fucking goodbye"

I let out a sigh "I'm sorry, I just didn't want either of you getting hurt or eaten because of me. There's only so much those tablets can do, I came out here looking for a permanent solution, i was kinda hoping you wouldn't notice with all that's going on and that I'd be back sooner, as you can tell, things didn't go according to plan but that doesn't change anything...I am sorry, lucky charms"

my eyes made their way up to the sky "so, you guys wanna meet up?" Even through the phone, three voices were audible. I needed to be careful what I said around their tag along "you've got a deal fish, little diner between us" I smirked and ended the call as I slipped into the car. I didn't want to give them a chance to change their minds.

Laura's POV
She was late, ginger minge might of lied slightly when he said it was 'between us', it was more two miles away from us and a few hundred from Lore. The boys were getting impatient but I insisted we waited for our siren friend "what're we doing?" Salim was sweet but sometimes not very observant even though he listened in well. "Meeting someone" as if by command, in swayed Lorelyn confidently.

Lorelyn's POV

I saw all three of them sat there in a booth "Liar" I pressed my lips to Sweeney's sweetly before sliding in next to Laura "you lied first" we ordered food and up started the conversation

It was clear to see there was tension between them, I didn't need to be a siren to know that "Your heart is not beating for this life anymore dead wife. This life is done" well that was cheerful. I sipped on my drink avoiding eye contact "I've only felt my heart beat one time since I died, when I kissed shadow" so far I was on Laura's side. It sounded much nicer, and convincing