Wash away my fears

The next day
I quickly turned on the taps of my bath dumping in different scents and potions that I'd acquired over the years. I tied my hair up in a messy updo and smiled, I could finally have a bath without having to time myself or worry about the people outside the door. I checked my phone to see no new messages, this day was just getting better and better! The only thing that sucked was that I was on a diet, I went vegetarian just to try and rid myself of the flesh cravings. I quickly stripped off my clothes and sank into the water taking a deep breath of satisfaction.

Utter bliss is what I felt as the sweat and grime left my body, the scrapes and grazes stung slightly but I'd been through worse and the heat made everything uncomfortable seem so comfortable

Utter bliss is what I felt as the sweat and grime left my body, the scrapes and grazes stung slightly but I'd been through worse and the heat made everything uncomfortable seem so comfortable. I had my phone playing relaxing tunes with my eyes shut but everything was shattered with my ringtone.

I sighed rolling my eyes before swiping across the screen not looking to see who it was "Hey, this is Bailey. I'm not currently in at the moment so leave a message after the beep" I tried the answerphone trick hoping they'd fall for it and go away "That's not even what your answerphone sounds like" I cringed at the sound of Wednesday's voice "sorry, thought you were an insurance guy. What's up?" I rubbed my eyes tiredly but instantly regretted it as the movement of my hand made a slushy sound which my caller heard "we talked about swimming and calling" I submerged up to my hairline "I'm not swimming, I'm taking a bath"

There was a short pause "a little birdy told me you received a 'present' from a messenger of Mark?" I sank fully below the water for a few seconds before coming up again "I don't know what you're talking about" I felt the shakiness of my own voice and face palmed "c'mon, don't play with me" I let out a deep breath "look, I'll call you back when I know what you're on about, alright? Cool" I ended the call knowing his next move was to come up to my apartment and talk face to face. I soaked for a few more minutes underwater before I heard the echo of the door knocker.

I slipped out of the tub wrapping a towel around my body as I fished around for clothes. I finally found a olive tank top and black jeans. After changing, I answered the door to be immediately pinned to the wall next to it, but I'd recognise the kisser anywhere...lucky charms! I immediately kissed back with the same amount of passion.

His hands moved from my wrists to my waist awaiting my little jump which was almost instant

His hands moved from my wrists to my waist awaiting my little jump which was almost instant. He then carried me over to the back of the sofa sitting me down, but I suddenly noticed another presence enter the atmosphere. Wednesday's. I gently looked to the floor "you're working with him?" He realised I knew what was going on as my voice was barely audible between us "I've done the math-""he wants to keep your serenading ass safe" I nodded as the redhead stepped away and took a seat in the armchair opposite me.

"You knew I wouldn't let you in on your own" he rested himself on the corner of the side table by the door "you have a history of keeping things from me" a confused expression painted my face "you can't really hide a pregnancy"

He gestured to me quickly "well ya did" I rolled my eyes clenching my jaw stopping anything stupid coming out. It was in these situations that it normally happened and when it did, I regretted it deeply. "What's the point here?" I still couldn't come to terms with the fact that Wednesday used sweeney against me "the book" I stood lazily and walked over to my drawers pulling my underwear one open "you keep the 'sacred' book in your panty drawer?" I glared back at him "if you had to ransack this place, would you really be 'brave enough' to look in here?"

They shared a glance giving me the message they wouldn't "my point exactly" I riffled through some sets of pantys, some naughtier than others, and pulled out the book "there, you've seen it. Now can you please leave?" A smirk appeared on his face as he out stretched his hand "you're not serious?" He nodded causing me to dart back into my drawer before guarding it protectively "don't let it come to that darling" I saw Sweeney smile at the thought of a fight "I'm more than happy to kick your ass a second time?"

 Now can you please leave?" A smirk appeared on his face as he out stretched his hand "you're not serious?" He nodded causing me to dart back into my drawer before guarding it protectively "don't let it come to that darling" I saw Sweeney smile at...

Wednesday still looked determined to get the book from me as my back pressed into the wooden dresser. If I had to, I would sire them into leaving "my dear, what's in the book that's so important?" I gulped "the part of my life I'm trying to forget" he took a step forward as I opened my mouth to sing "don't" I closed my mouth  but as he took another forward, I didn't resist the temptation

"Oh, hush, my dear, it's been a difficult year, And terrors don't prey on Innocent victims, Trust me, darling, trust me darling, It's been a loveless year, I'm a girl of three fears: Integrity, faith and Crocodile tears, Trust me, darling, trust me, darling" I watched as he was forced to take the steps forward back towards the door.

He gave me a daring look which only caused me to switch song locking eye contact with both men "He left no time to regret, Kept his lips wet, With his same old safe bet, Me, and my head high
And my tears dry, Get on without my guy, You, went back to what you knew, So far removed, From all that we went through, And I tread a troubled track, My odds are stacked, I go back to black" finally sweeney turned around and walked out slamming the door shut.

I hurried over and locked it before taking the book out and tried to work out where to move it to. Under the bed? No too obvious and Wednesday would know I'd go there. That's when I spotted a space on top of the wardrobe but I wasn't tall enough to reach "damn genes" I pulled it my phone and texted Laura.

Feel free to punch the leprechaun, he just helped Wednesday try and get the book🙄👏🏻😤 - Lorelyn

I grabbed a stool and slipped the book up there before hopping back in the tub which was surprisingly a little warm still, happy days.