Prologue

"Mistakes have the power to turn you into something better than you were before..."

-unknown

Cool December air blew as tiny snowflakes fell from the sky. Snow was rare in Hurricane, Utah. The flakes melted when they fell to the grass, never sticking. Clara and her husband William drove home from the hospital. Clara felt her silky black hair as though she wanted to remember how it felt before it disappeared. Her bright green eyes shined in the moonlight. Her husband. William, stared forward and made a right turn, attempting to ignore his thoughts and emotions.

"Honey," began Clara. "Do you want to talk about it?" William blinked. "What's there to talk about?" He replied. Clara glanced out the window and watched as the stars glimmered in the deep purple sky.

It had been three months since Clara and William got the news. Clara was in her room, and was putting on her wig. She walked over to the dining room where her three children were sitting at the table, but William's seat was empty. "Where is your father?" She asked.

William was in his basement workshop, his face in his hands sitting at his desk. Clara knocked on the door. "Will?" William inhaled. "What?" He called back. Clara opened the door and stood next to William. She put her hand on his shoulder. "Why do you hide inside your walls?" She asked. "I won't be here much longer and I want to spend as much time with you and the kids that I can." "Don't talk like that." William began. His dry British voice cracked. "Don't talk like it's already over."

William had deep brown hair and peircing grey eyes. He wasn't obese by any means, though he was a little bit fatter than the average man. He co-owned a company called 'Fazbear Entertainment" He owned it with his best friend, and business partner, Henry Emily. William and Henry's company had been open for about four years, it was one of those franchises like Showbiz Pizza, or Chuck E. Cheese, animatronic performers and all. They opened their first location "Fredbear's Family Diner" back in 1978. Their characters included a yellow bunny named "Spring-Bonnie" and a yellow bear named "Fredbear." They also had a clown puppet who would pop in and out of a big gift box.

They had just opened up a new location called "Freddy Fazbear's Pizza." This place was bigger than their first location and had four new animatronics. Two of them were new versions of Fredbear and Spring-Bonnie. They shortened the names to Freddy and Bonnie, and changed their colors, Freddy became brown and Bonnie became Blue. Alongside them, there was a yellow chicken named "Chica" and "Foxy the Pirate Fox."

William was a technological genius, and a man of science. He had a master's degree in robotic engineering. He could have become rich and famous, though he didn't feel that was his place, and started a family with Clara in her hometown of Hurricane.

Another three months later Clara finally died. As the children grieved in their own ways, William refused to accept it. One day William was working at Freddy's. He was looking around the place, depressed and angry. He saw a freckles young boy with red hair running across the restaurant, and a blonde curly haired little girl following after him. Seeing these children filled William with inspiration. He watched and waited, and then selected five children who didn't seem like their parents were at the location. Then, on June 26th 1983, Mr. William J. Afton, walked over to the parts and service room of Freddy Fazbear's Pizza, and pulled out a spare yellow Spring-Bonnie suit. He put it on and lured five children into the back room. The animatronics were in the parts and service room, being repaired for the day. A brand new Fredbear animatronic was there too, waiting to be moved to Fredbear's Family Diner. William killed the children, and stuffed them inside the animatronics. He started trembling, but not out of guilt or fear, but out of joy. He danced around the room with a smile on his face. Later that night after everyone had left, William took their bodies, and put them in the trunk. Then he drove home to experiment with them, their spirits lingering in the animatronics.