Chapter 8: The Shadow's Message

First night was a breeze, the second night was fine too, but on the third night, things got serious Michael checked the cameras. He knew the drill. The robots began to move, as expected. Bonnie walked down the hall and looked in the window at Michael with his newly reattached face. Mike shut the door and looked towards the cameras again, checking on Pirate Cove from time to time, noticing Foxy coming out slowly. Michael hit the light button. Bonnie had left. Michael then heard fast footsteps coming down the hall.

Foxy burst into the office and screeched. "Argh! Y'never stood a chance!" Michael jumped up and ran out of the office, the clanky metal footsteps following quickly behind. Michael ran into the kitchen and locked the door.

Michael took out his flashlight and shined around. He saw pots, pans, and pizza toppings scattered across the room. These janitors suck at their jobs. He thought. He shined his light back to the door and walked over. He listened to make sure no one was waiting for him outside. He decided it was safe and began to open the door, but then something pulled him back from the kitchen. Michael spun around and flashed his light revealing Chica yanking at his arm. Her big magenta eyes stared down into his. Oh fuck. Thought Michael as she began to pull him towards back-stage.

Michael squirmed and tried to escape the robot. "I'm not the one who killed you!" Michael reached for a pan and whirled it at Chica's face, knocking the chicken down to the floor. Michael ran back to the office and shut both doors. He waited to make sure no one had followed him back, then the alarm clock chimed.

"Hello, hello?" the man on the phone asked the next night. "Hey! Wow, day four. I knew you could do it. Hey, listen," Michael heard banging on the door, but it was coming from the voice message. "I may not be around to send you a message tomorrow." There was more banging. "It's-It's been a bad night here for me. I'm glad that I recorded my messages for you when I did. Hey, do me a favor." The banging got louder. "Maybe sometime you could check inside those suits in the back room?" The man had a sense of defeat in his voice, as though he knew what was coming but not ready to accept it.

"I'm gonna try to hold out until someone checks. Maybe it won't be so bad." There was a noise that sounded like someone moaning. "Oh, no." said the man. There were footsteps, a loud screech, and then the message ended.

Michael gazed around the cameras with a greater sense of terror then before. He made sure to use as little power as possible. He heard footsteps coming from both sides. "What?" he looked at the cameras, every one of them was in the hall. Michael shut both doors, his power draining greatly. "Fuck, fuck, fuck." he whispered. He looked at the cameras. They all seemed to be gone. He opened the doors and shined his light both ways. He breathed a sigh of relief and then had his mouth covered by a large fuzzy hand.

Freddy dragged him down the hall with both hands. He opened the backstage door, Bonnie took Michael and held him down on the table. Freddy took a mascot head off the shelf and walked back over to Michael. "I'M NOT THE ONE WHO KILLED YOU!" he screamed as the mask was lowered onto him. He shook ferociously, trying to get the head off of him. Freddy dragged the body of the costume towards Michael.

Suddenly, a ghostly figure of a yellow slumped over bear appeared. It's white glowing dots for eyes stared towards Michael. They blinked many times as if to send him a message. The bear disappeared. Then something flashed in Michael's mind, two words kept repeating in his brain, then he yelled them out, "JEREMY! GABRIEL!"

Bonnie stopped holding down Michael and Freddy stopped walking towards Michael. Michael got up and ran to the office. He checked the cameras. Bonnie and Freddy had awoken from their trance and walked down the hall towards the office. Michael shut that door, then checked for Chica and Foxy. Foxy had started to exit Pirate Cove, and Chica was supposedly in the kitchen.

The shadowy purple bear appeared in Michael's office and giggled. "What the fuck!?" asked Michael. The bear's white dots looked up at Michael. He blinked his eyes in a pattern, and disappeared.

Suddenly the doors went back up, and the lights went out. Michael heard footsteps. Oh shit. The footsteps grew louder, and then stopped in front of the door. There was silence, and then... the lights turned back on. "What's going on Mike?" asked James, Mike's boss. "What?" asked Michael. "It's six o' clock kid," replied James. "You can go home"

Michael went home that night, and for the first time in years, had a nightmare about the animatronics. The nightmarish Fredbear came down the hall and as it came closer it's yellow fur began to turn a deep dark black. He looked at Mike and stared into his eyes. He blinked the same pattern from the other night, and suddenly Mike woke up, he ran to his bedroom desk and wrote down the pattern. It was a message in morse code. The next day, Mike went to the library, and found a translation book. The message spelled out:
S A V E T H E M. E N D H I M.

That night, Mike took a metal baseball bat from the garage to work that night, ready to destroy the robots. Michael sat down in his chair, and then the phone rang again. What? Thought Michael. The message began to play. There was nothing on it but demonic noises, radio static, and screeches. The message stopped, and Michael walked down the hall.

Michael saw that Foxy had got off his stage. He saw Michael, screeched, and sprinted towards Michael. Michael got his bat ready and swung, but Foxy jumped over and dived at Mike's face. "Shit!" Michael ducked, but Foxy snagged his arm with his hook. "Fuck!" yelled Michael as the blood began to drip from his arm. He ran back to the office, clutching his arm as Foxy ran after him and closed the doors, he took some paper towels and bandaged his arm with them. He opened up the doors again then ran to the kitchen. He got down on the floor and waited, hoping one of them would come in. Soon enough Freddy did. Michael got up and ran at Freddy with the bat. Freddy grabbed Michael by the throat. Michael started choking. He lifted his arms up and ripped out bear's eyes. Freddy dropped him and fell to the floor. Michael got ready to hit Freddy with the bat, but Freddy turned his head around and tried to bite Michael. Michael backed up and ran out of the kitchen as the bear got up and started running.

Michael ran back to the main party room and made sure that the other robots saw him, then he hid in the bathroom stall. As expected, he heard footsteps come close. Michael jumped out of the stall with his bat in hand ready to swing, but it wasn't an animatronic.

"Mike?" asked James. "What the hell are you doing?" Michael looked up at the man, with the bat still in his hand. "I-It's not what it looks like, I swear!" Michael told him. "I don't care. You're fired." "But no sir!" cried Michael. "You don't understand!" "Get out Michael." he said. "We're shutting the place down anyway. We just found the body of a former guard in one of-" he stopped. "Nevermind, just get out."