Chapter 10: The Facility

Michael entered the elevator and was lowered down. He looked around and saw a small touchpad. "Welcome! I will be your personal guide to help you get started." said a voice from the touchpad."I'm a model 5 of the Handyman's Robotics and Unit-Repair System. But you can call me HandUnit. Please enter your name on the keypad. This cannot be changed later, so please be careful!" Michael typed in "Mike."

"It seems you had some trouble with the keypad," said Hand Unit. "I see what you were trying to type, and I will auto-correct it for you. Welcome... 'Eggs Benedict'." "What the fuck." Michael muttered. You can now open the elevator using that bright, red, and obvious button. Let's get to work!" Michael opened the door and saw a vent. He got on his hands and knees and began to crawl through the vent.

"Allow me to fill this somewhat frightening silence with some lighthearted banter." said Hand Unit. "Unlike most entertainment venues, our robotic entertainers are rented out for private parties during the day. And it's your job to get the robots back in working order before the following morning."

Michael exited the vent and stood up in a room with a window on each side. "You are now in the 'Primary Control Module'." said Hand Unit "It's actually a crawl space between the two front showrooms. Now, let's get started with your daily tasks. View the window to your left. This is the 'Ballora Gallery Party Room and Dance Studio'. Encouraging kids to stay fit and enjoy pizza." Michael rolled his eyes. "Let's turn on the light and see if Ballora is on her stage." said Hand Unit. "Press the blue button on the elevated keypads to your left." Michael pressed it and the room to his left lit up, revealing a robotic Ballerina on stage. "Excellent. Now, view the window to your right. This is the 'Funtime Auditorium' where Funtime Foxy encourages kids to play and share. Try the light! Let's see what Funtime Foxy is up to." Michael pressed the button but Foxy was nowhere to be found.

"Let's motivate Funtime Foxy with a controlled shock." Michael pressed a red button next to the blue one, and a noise that sounded like a taser buzzed. Michael pressed the blue button again. Foxy was up on her stage now. "Looks like Funtime Foxy is in perfect working order. Great job! In front of you is another vent shaft. Crawl through it to reach the 'Circus Gallery Control Module.'

"On the other side of the glass is 'Circus Baby's Auditorium'." said HandUnit. "Let's check the light and see what Baby is up to." Michael flashed the light, nothing showed. Let's encourage Baby to cheer up with a controlled shock." Michael pressed the shock button, nothing changed. "Let's try another controlled shock." Baby was still not there. "Let's try another controlled shock." Michael shocked once more, she still wasn't there. "Great job Circus Baby, we knew we could count on you! That concludes your duties for your first night on the job. Please leave using the vent behind you and we'll see you again tomorrow.