Chapter 1: The Clown

"No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness."

-Aristotle

The next day at Freddy's a group of parents were standing outside, demanding to know what happened to their children. William's business partner Henry stood outside and tried to listen to them and ask them questions. "Okay! One at a time, please. Ma'am, what is your daughter's name? Sir I'll get to you in a second- ma'am- One at a time!" A mother stared at Henry, her face was bright red and filled with anger. "Where are our children!?" She screamed.

Freddy's closed after the murders, but Fredbear's remained open, the animatronics were taken there, and put in the back room. William had also had a plan to open a new spin off sister location restaurant, 'Circus Baby's Pizza World.' It would feature state of the art brand new robots, enourmous and shiny, and even equipped with built in AI and free roaming.

William was working in his basement one day when he heard something. He looked back for a second, then decided it was nothing and turned to get back to work. "Hey." said a voice from behind him. William jumped. "Holy shit!" He gasped. Henry laughed, "Sorry!" He said with a grin. "In all fairness though, you had told me to let myself in." William gave a faint smile back. He pulled back a curtain in his workshop and revealed 4 huge endoskeletons. They each had their own distinct look, all of their limbs wrapped in steel wire. "These are the animatronics I'm designing for the new place." Said Afton. Henry stared, amazed. William went over to one of the larger ones that looked like a bear. He flipped a switch and the bear sprung to life. It started talking and moving around. It was an incredible creation that not many people in that time would have been able to even dream of. "It's beautiful!" Exclaimed Henry.

"That's not even the best part!" William pressed a button on another endoskeleton's chest. A large tank in the chest opened up, revealing a small claw that came out, holding an ice cream cone. Inside the tank, there was also a helium tank that connected to the robot's fingers. William pressed another button, and the animatronic blew a balloon from its finger. Afton handed it to Henry. They both smiled, but for different reasons.

William's real intentions for the robots however were far more sinister than he said they were. These robots were designed to capture and murder children. William was determined to find out how to bring his wife back and he would kill as many people as he had to in order to do so. William hadn't been eating or sleeping much since the death of his wife. His eyes had dark spots around them and his body had become rail thin. His cheek bones were now prominent, and his shirt fitting very loosely.

The two men worked on the new animatronics for the next few months. They called them the 'funtimes.'

Later that night, William's youngest son, Evan, struggled to open his locked bedroom door. His older brother, Michael, laughed from the other side. "Please let me out!" He cried. He sat down on the floor and put his head on his knees. He then heard a small click, and the door unlocked to reveal his sister Elizabeth. Elizabeth had orange hair, and emerald eyes. She was fairly short for her age, 8, and she wore a headband with a small bow on it. Thank you." said Evan. Elizabeth nodded. The boy walked out of his room cautiously looking out for his brother. "RAH!" Michael yelled as he pounced toward his brother from behind the TV.

Elizabeth walked down the basement steps to her father. "Daddy? Michael is being mean again." "Michael!" yelled William. Michael walked down the steps. "What?" he asked with an eye roll. "I told you to lay off your brother." replied his father. "I'm not doing anything." Michael said. "I'm just screwing around." "Mike." said William as he glared at him with narrowed eyes. Mike was a fairly skinny boy, with wavy brown hair. He looked like a younger and shorter version of William. "Alright whatever." Michael scoffed as he walked back up.