Chapter 12: The Effects of Remnant

Michael woke up. It was dark and he couldn't move. A light flashed and Michael saw that he was tied to a chair with long metal ropes. He saw something else that he wasn't expecting. Freddy, Foxy and Ballora's bodies were strung across the floor, mangled. There was a huge metal spoon shaped thing in front of him. The scooper. A figure with glowing purple eyes was standing behind a window holding a switch.

"You are in the Scooping Room now." said Baby's voice. "Funtime Foxy has already been here today. Funtime Freddy has already been here today. Ballora has already been here today. Circus Baby has already been here today. There is nowhere for us to hide here. There is nowhere to go, when we look like this. But if we looked like you, then we could hide." Michael now understood the real reason why Baby had led him here. They had used the scooper to combine themselves into the figure standing behind the glass. "But if we looked like you, then we would have somewhere to go. The Scooper only hurts for a moment." Michael closed his eyes, and prepared himself. There was a beep, another beep, another beep, then the sound of human insides being scooped from Michael's body.

As the funtimes wore Michael's corpse, they walked around outside, finally free. However, each day, as all dead things do, the body began to decay. Eventually, at the end of the week, Michael's body had blood pooled throughout him and the remnant had given his skin a purplish tint. His eyes were mere black sockets with glowing purple eyes. He walked with a hunch and had his arms out like a cross between a T-Rex and a zombie. His movements were stiff and robotic, and his body had lost almost all muscle. The funtime robots had decided that they'd had enough. Michael's body stopped in the middle of the sidewalk and began to rattle. He opened his mouth wide, and a huge pile of robotic stringy parts flew out like spaghetti into the street. The robot parts crawled into the sewer drain, and Michael's corpse fell to the ground, nothing more than skin and flesh on a metal skeleton.

Michael woke up about 5 minutes later. "What the hell happened?" he asked with a slightly more scratchy voice than usual. Michael stood up straight and unhunched in a surprisingly unnatural and robotic movement. He looked down at his blood pooled purple tinted skin, that now was tightly wrapped around his skeleton. Michael remembered the scooper. "Holy shit." he ran to his house, and looked in the mirror. His purple sunken face stared at itself, the glowing magenta eyes within his deep black sockets. He opened his mouth wider than it should let him, and his jaw fell down, as his cheeks ripped and the ends of the lips, and saw the metal twisted throughout his insides.