Chapter 7: Father and Son

partially based off a comic by: the_steelest

Michael came home that night and made himself some popcorn. The door opened and William walked in. Damn it. William took out the toaster and put a piece of bread in. As he waited, he made small remarks towards Michael. "I can't even imagine carrying a weight like that on your shoulders." William muttered under his breath as he waited. "Your own little brother." Michael tried to ignore his father. The toast popped out and William began to spread butter on it. "You let yourself do it." continued William. "IT WAS AN ACCIDENT!" yelled Michael with tears in his eyes. "An accident?" asked William. "Michael you-" He turned around and yelled at his father."SHUT UP!"

William's sunken eyes glared at Michael. He spun around quickly, grabbed Michael's shirt collar, and held his butter knife pointed towards him. "DON'T TELL YOUR FATHER TO SHUT UP YOU LITTLE SHIT!" he screamed. Michael looked at his father with terror in his eyes. William realized that this did not make him look exactly innocent. He let go of Michael, chuckled, and began to butter the toast again. William had decided that at some point, Michael would find out, and if he killed Michael, then he would be under even more suspicion from the law than usual. He had to keep Michael on his good side.

"Listen, Michael. Everyone makes mistakes," said William. "I've had more than my share, and I'm not the one to judge you." He put his hand on Michael's shoulder. "And I miss them too." Michael wasn't expecting this sympathy or closure from William, but he'd be lying if he said it didn't feel good. "I forgive you," William lied. "And it's up to you to forgive yourself."

William knew that the robots were haunted with the souls of the children, he had been trying to figure out how he could use this technique to bring back his family. He walked into his workshop and printed off his blue-prints for a new machine, The Scooper. This machine would be able to scoop out the robotic insides of animatronics, for repair purposes. Afton had alternative purposes for this machine though. This machine would be designed to insert souls and life into non-living things. Now he simply needed to find out how to harness and control the soul's energy.

4 more years later

    The company hired new people to rebuild the old withered animatronics and made one last new restaurant. It had been open for a few months, and Michael applied for another job under the name, Mike Schmidt. There were still loose ends to tie up. Still souls to free.

"Hello, hello?" The man from the phone calls was speaking again. "I wanted to record a message for you to help you get settled in on your first night. I actually worked in that office before you. I'm finishing up my last week now, as a matter of fact. I know it can be a bit overwhelming, so let's just focus on getting you through your first week. Okay? There's an introductory greeting from the company that I'm supposed to read. "Welcome to Freddy Fazbear's Pizza. A magical place for kids and grown-ups alike, where fantasy and fun come to life. Fazbear Entertainment is not responsible for damage to property or person. Upon discovering that damage or death has occurred, a missing person report will be filed within 90 days, or as soon property and premises have been thoroughly cleaned and bleached, and the carpets have been replaced."

"Now that might sound bad, I know, but there's really nothing to worry about. Just be aware, the characters do tend to wander a bit. They're left in some kind of free roaming mode at night. Something about their servos locking up if they get turned off for too long. They used to be allowed to walk around during the day too. But then there was The Bite of '87." The memory flashed. Mangle's teeth imbedded deep into the man's skull.

"Now concerning your safety, the only real risk to you as a night watchman here, if any, is that if these characters happen to see you after hours, they  probably won't recognize you as a person. They'll most likely see you as a metal endoskeleton without its costume on. Now since that's against the rules here at Freddy Fazbear's Pizza, they'll probably try to...forcefully stuff you inside a Freddy Fazbear suit." I have another theory as to why. Thought Michael.

"The only parts of you that would likely see the light of day again would be your eyeballs and teeth when they pop out the front of the mask. Yeah, they don't tell you these things when you sign up, but hey, first day should be a breeze. I'll chat with you tomorrow. Check those cameras, and remember to close the doors only if absolutely necessary. Gotta conserve power. Alright, good night."