Chapter 11: The First Trial Pt.1

After Meeting Ilima, Ash and his Friends now accompanied by said person headed to the Trial Site at Verdant Cavern on the north west of the Island.

Verdant Cavern Pokémon Center, MeleMele Island, Alola.

3rd Person POV.

"Alright we're here at Verdant Cavern, Where your Island Challenge will begin. Remember the Trials have Two parts and whoever finishes the first challenge first gets to battle the stronger Totem." Ilima explained.

"What kind of challenges?" Ash asked.

"That will depend on the Trial itself." Ilima responded. "As for the challenge here, You'll need to catch either a pair of Yungoos and a Gumshoos, or a pair of Rattata and a Raticate, First one to catch all three of either evolution line will get to battle the stronger Totem, And also pick the pokémon that your gonna use ahead of time." Ilima explained once more. They nodded as they went inside the Pokémon Center and rented a room for them and left their bags there, While Ash just carried satchels on his waist. ( Each one contains a different sort of items such as berries, potions, full heals, and medicine made out of Revival Herbs, Oran, Sitrus and various other berries for the different status conditions.) As for their pokémon, Hau went with his Dartrix, Pichu, and newly caught Noibat, While Ash went with his Alola Team. Although Pikachu wanted a shot at it, Ash said that he wants to see the progress of his team.(A/N: Anywho that mouse is way to overpowered if it's level didn't reset.)

"Alright Trial goers listen up." Ilima announced." I decided switch it up a bit, So whoever catches either evolution lines will get to battle both Totems." Ilima said whilst handing one cage to Ash and Hau respectively, Both trainers grinned at the opportunity to face two strong pokémon in one fell swoop.

"Good luck and may the best man win. Now Trial Begin!" Ilima yelled as Ash and Hau rushed if along with their pokémon, As they made it inside they saw multiple natural bridges, ledges, and holes. As Hau and his pokémon went off on their own, Ash mentally analyzed the cavern and formed a plan. Meanwhile Ilima, Lillie and, Pikachu went to an upper watching area with the two Cosmogs.

ASH'S POV.

'Must be escape tunnels?' I thought as I gestured my pokémon to get closer.

"Alright guys here's the plan, See those holes?" I asked pointing at the holes, They nodded. "Litten you're with me, Pikipek go to that hole over there." I whispered gesturing to the hole on an upper ledge. ' Yeah.' He said via Aura. "Good, And Rowlet carry Popplio over to one of the farthest holes and go to other. That way they won't be able to escape." I whispered once more, They nodded. "Alright now Go, Go, Go!" I said as they went to their positions and got ready.

Ilima's POV.

"Interesting. I know what he's planning." I muttered as Ash scattered around the cavern.

"Huh? What do you mean?" Lillie asked.

"Ash and his pokémon scattered themselves to those four holes, He's planning on making sure that there are no escape routes." I explained.

"Wow that's clever." Lillie said as I chuckled at her response.

3RD PERSON POV.

Ash and his pokémon got to their places and got ready.

"Alright Popplio flush them out with water gun." Ash said as the sea lion pokémon nodded and fired a stream of water into the hole, Seconds later a light brown mongoose with yellow underbelly and sharp teeth went out of the hole in front of Ash, It growled signaling that it won't be caged without a fight as it charged towards Litten opening it's jaws.