Chapter 19

The Festival and ArcDex?

It's been about an hour since their battle royale and while Red and his group were just relaxing under the Alolan sun. Ash is still unconscious after the battle, with Lillie watching over him.

"Ughhh." Ash groaned as he slowly opened his eyes as he felt something on his chest, he saw someone with blonde hair resting their head on his chest, as he pulled away a few strands it was revealed to be Lillie, he smiled at her sleeping face. But soon her eyes started to open.

"Hey Lillie." Ash said as she hugged him tightly.

'Did i scare her to death again?' Ash thought, as he patted her back which somehow calmed her down.

"Where are the others?" Ash asked.

"Outside. Why?" Lillie replied.

"Nothing." He replied. Just then the doorbell was heard, and moments later Meowth walked up to them.

"Ash, Hau is looking for you." Meowth said.

"I see." Ash said as he got up, and went downstairs, to where he found the green headed boy with a grin on his face.

"So what's the jig Hau?" Ash asked.

"Well Iki Town's Festival is tomorrow and Gramps decided that the main event will be a battle between the two of us and the winner gets to battle him in a Grand Trial match." Hau explained, gaining his attention.

"Interesting, don't hold back. Okay." Ash said.

"Right back at you." Hau replied. The two bumped fists then Hau went off. Just then Meowth walked up to him with a red gadget that resembled a Vatonage Capture Styler.

"Meowth what is that?" Ash asked.

"Ash have ever heard of the NanoDex?" Meowth asked.

"Yeah aren't those the latest creation of the Devon Corporation?" Ash replied.

"Yes, and i noticed some flaws in the designs, so I made my own version, and combined it with a Vatonage styler that was taken by Team Rocket from a Pokemon Ranger." Meowth explained whilst handling it to Ash.

"What's it called?" Ash asked whilst putting it on.

"I call it the ArcDex. It has all the properties of a NanoDex such as the basic pokedex features, along with hard drive storage at the front, built in Megastone Identifier, Pokeball transporter, as well as a holographic screen and keyboard for communication." Meowth explained.

"Incredible, and also compact and convenient." Ash said as he then felt a slight sting on his right arm.

"Oh yeah i forgot to mention that it also has a DNA scanner and identifier, which is why you felt a slight sting. Also it means that you're the only person who can access this." Meowth said.

"Safe and secure. I must admit Meowth you outdid yourself." Ash said, whilst heading to the door.

"Hey where are you going?" Meowth asked.

"Outside. I'll be back in a bit, Pikachu wanna come?" Ash asked.

"Sure." He replied.

About an hour later.

Ash and Pikachu somehow ended up on a ridge over looking a mountain that has 5 points branching off of it.

"Dad told me about this. I believe it's called  Clawmark hill." Ash said.

"Yeah and it looks like a good place to battle." Pikachu pointed out. Just then out of the corner of their eye they saw a certain puppy pokemon who was all roughed up and rather tired. Ash rushed to it and confirmed his suspicions.

"Hey aren't you the Rockruff at Dad's place? Why are you here? And what happened to you?" Ash asked while reaching for his medical pouch, pulling out a potion and bandages.

"Well yes, can't a pokemon train and AWOOOOOOOO!" He said until he howled in pain.

"Relax it will only sting a little." Ash said as he wrapped some bandages on his legs.

"Then why the hell are you roughed up like this, and burnt to boot?" Ash asked.

"Fought and defeated a Magmar." He replied with Pride.

"You want to get stronger huh?" Ash asked, to which the Rock Type nodded.

"Why don't you come with me? We can grow stronger together." Ash offered holding out a Luxury Ball, Rockruff didn't hesitate and tapped the ball, an instant capture.

"Sweet." Ash said, as he and Pikachu walked home. A few hours later it was dinner time and Ash invited the 2 Professors over, and they had a lovely night as a family.

(A/N: Hey guys so the time has come, Ash caught Rockruff, and got the Arcdex. But the festival and grand trial won't happen yet. Cause the next few chapters will be focused on the traitors and chosen 8 also to clear up some things Ash will refer to Kukui and Burnet as Mom and Dad since they adopted him and Aaron will be refered to as Father. Just so you know. Stay at home Be safe and keep reading. Peace.)