Chapter Two: Hellboys and Demons

"Really, why so harsh? I'm hurt." Came a low, crazed voice from behind me.

I slowly turned, my heart fluttering from panic. My palms felt clammy and my head was pounding. My hounds snapped their jaws and then I could see him.

Toris, once the best of our horned soldiers. His skin was scarred and entirely red. His eyes burned a bright, light blue and his horns looked to have grown from our last encounter. Like all soldiers, he had three larger horns and then smaller ones along his arms and legs.

The two larger horns were near the front of his head and the third was at the back, close to the neck. He wore nothing but a ragged pair of pants. Made of a thick hide and tied around his waist with a rope. I gathered up whatever courage I had left and gave him a stern look.

"Away with thee! At once!"

Then, he laughed.

He laughed at me and crossed his arms. My flames sparked to life through my newly born rage. Even with my unstable powers he still outmatched me, being a master of fear. Like all the others and even myself, if I had control over my heart. He could control other's fear. Even the most powerful of men fall prey to their own terrors.

"You've always been terrible at giving orders."

"Please, you're still sick. Leave before my Father finds you."

"Your Father is a pitiful excuse for a God! He can't even keep his own daughter safe from the monsters he created! You should have been mine forever! We should have been mates!" He spat and took a step towards me.

"No! You're wrong!" I screamed, my head beginning to feel hazy.

He had a hold on my mind and my own nightmares were beginning to flash before my eyes. Zinnake made the first move and went straight for his jugular. Toris had seen his movements and blocked with his arm. Zinnake latched on and bit down, trained to kill. He drew blood and Toris swung his arm out, sending Zinnake soaring to the ground. He landed with a loud thud and I heard something crack, which sparked my panic.

Zinnake had gotten such a tight grip on his arm, that the force from being tossed ripped the flesh off. So, it was not all for not. Zinnake had hit the ground so hard he passed out. His muzzle was coated in Toris's blood, but luckily none of his own. Kine moved in front of me and my flames went out from being so terrified and worried. As Toris stepped forward, we eased backwards.

"Run, Pup! Get home!"

I didn't move at first because I was worried about Kine and Zinnake.

"Pup! Go!"

Toris's nostrils flared with rage and his bright eyes locked with mine.

"You can't run from me forever!" Toris cackled, obviously mad from the sickness.

I did as I was told and quickly dashed along the path, toward the castle. I ran with as much force as I could muster. Every step felt heavy and my chest tightened with worry. Although I didn't get very far, for Toris had put Kine in a headlock and incapacitated him as well. It was useless to run now. It was like I was back at the beginning of my dream. Plus, I couldn't just leave my friends to his wrath.

"Worried about your pets?" He mocked.

"They're my friends! Of course, I am!"

I held my head and collapsed to my knees. My head was pounding as I tried to keep myself from passing out. If only I had control, I could easily beat him. He stepped closer and pulled out his dagger.