Chapter Nine: Hounds and Souls

We quickly stood, and I braced myself for impact as the two hellhounds barreled into me. Once on the ground, they continued their assault by coating me in wet, slobbery kisses. Angel clutched his stomach as he couldn't contain his laughter at the scene in front of him. Two giant hellhounds, well over twice the size of the average earth world wolf, wagging their tails with their tongues lolling out the sides of their mouths.

"Kine, Zinnake! Stop!" I laughed hysterically.

The crazy monsters stopped in an instant, acting as if I had given a command. Kine nuzzled his muzzle into the crook of my neck, leaving his scent as a sign of affection. I mirrored his actions with my cheek against his soft fur and then did the same with Zinnake. It calmed them to mix our scents. It gave them a sense of being in a pack once again, with me as their Alpha female.

"My apologies, Pup. We just couldn't control our excitement to see you."

"Yeah! We really missed you! Keyna does too!"

"I missed you both too and there is no need for apologies."

I beamed at the two large furry creatures in front of me and pulled them in for another embrace. We settled back down to enjoy the sun as it began to take its rightful place high in the sky and watched the rose petals dance in the new day winds. A few fell into the lake, causing beautiful, shining ripples.

Angel held my back flush against his chest and kissed our mark on my neck. I let out an involuntary shiver and pressed my rump against his manhood. He knew exactly what he was doing by kissing our mark and I decided to indulge him.

He let out a low, excited warning growl and nipped at my earlobe, daring me to continue. Which I would have if it wasn't for the mortified look Zinnake shot us. His scrunched-up muzzle and wide eyes caused another fit of laughter from everyone.

"Pup, who else is living here?"

"Just Toris and Rovick. Why?"

"We should leave for your den soon then. We thought we smelled something else in the air. Not animal nor human."

"Then we should leave now. My Queen?"

Angel got up and held out his hand. I quickly took it and he helped me up. Shortly, after gathering the picnic stuff we were off. With Kine to my left and Zinnake right beside Angel. I couldn't help but feel tense as we walked home, which caused my flames to ignite.

"What are you worried about, my Jewel?"

"I feel tense. Like something is going to happen."

"It could be some new creature created by a God. Or it could be a trapped spirit. But whatever it is. I'm here for you and I will protect you with my life. So, you needn't fret, my Love."

I felt my heart swell from his decree, and I nodded to him. After taking a deep breath I managed to ease my body and the flames dulled out. It didn't take us long after that to reach our humble abode. But just as we were arriving a flash of lightning struck right in front of us, blinding us all with its bright might of white light.

A sudden feeling of fear shocked my system as I came to realize who had decided to visit. As I blinked to clear the bright spots from my sight, I came to see the exact person I had feared most it to be. Zeus stood in front of my home with Toris and Rovick pointing their swords at him, and my hounds bearing their impressive canines.

"Child! If you wish not for me to destroy your toys, I suggest you have them put down their weapons!"

"Toris, Rovick, Kine, Zinnake, please at ease."

"Should you need anything, M'Lady. We will not hesitate."

Zeus simply rolled his eyes at Rovick's threat and let out a huff of annoyance while Toris and Rovick took Kine and Zinnake inside.