Chapter Five: A Night Never to Forget

"What did he say?" Angel looked me dead in the eyes.

"Nothing, Angel. Everything will be okay."

In one swift movement, Angel had scooped me up and set me on the bed. His eyes darkened as he held himself over me.

"I'm not an idiot, Gorenora. Don't lie to me. Please."

There it was again. That subtle shift into a darker personality. I took a deep breath and set a hand over his heart. This calmed him enough for his eyes to return to normal.

"He said I created a species called Demons. I made them invulnerable to the Gods somehow and so they banished them to Earth."

Angel went wide-eyed, "Well that's not quite what I was expecting. Is there anything else?"

"He intended to kill me. To prevent my offspring."

As soon as the words hit his ears Angel pulled me into his lap. "I'll kill him!" He growled and set his head over my heart. He was trying to contain his rage.

"I. Will. Kill. Him. You are my jewel. I won't let him take you away from me."

"Darling, you can't. We don't want another war amongst the gods. Besides, with you by my side, he cannot kill me." I cooed and ran my fingers through his short, silky hair.

He took a few deep breaths and calmed himself, still holding me close.

"I can't wait to take you home, my Jewel."

"Then what are we waiting for, my Love?" I winked and jumped off his lap.

This suggestive flirting was quite fun once you get the hang of it. He seemed a bit pleasantly shocked by my response.

"I never took you for such a woman, Gorenora. Why wait until we're home then?"

"Ah, my Darling, if you think a little flirting is going to get you far. You must try harder." I teased and grabbed my bag off the floor. I had somehow dropped it without noticing.

Angel quickly moved in front of me, his eyes held a playful longing in them. He snaked an arm around my waist and his other hand cupped my face.

"Am I interrupting something?" A cough came from my door.

Angel shook his head a bit, composing himself and taming the beast in his mind before turning around to face Hermes. The messenger of the Gods. God of thieves, travellers, merchants and the road.

Also, he was a good friend of my Father. He was dazzling like the other Gods, an incomparable beauty. Darkish blonde hair with a simple yet still masculine body.

A plastered smile on his face and greenish to white eyes. Wearing a vine made staff, white cloak, and white dress shoes with wings on them, which would occasionally flap and flutter. Hermes also wore the normal white tunic and plated armour, signifying his importance.

"Maybe a little." Angel laughed.

"Oh, by the Gods, save it for your new home you two!"

"Well, we will have to, now won't we?"

"Are you two ready to leave?"

Angel looked at me with hopeful eyes. I nodded even though I would be leaving everything behind, my best friends and my parents. It felt right. Like this is what I was meant to do. That calling, nagging feeling came back. Something needed me on Earth and I was going to find out what. I held Angel's hand and smiled.