Chapter Ten: An Unexpected Surprise

"Help us!" The darkness cried.

The voice sounded like hundreds of souls talking in unison. Chills ran up my spine and I instinctively wrapped an arm around my abdomen. I was surrounded by darkness. Everywhere I turned all my eyes could see was black.

"Who are you?" I demanded.

"Help us, my Queen! Please, the madness is consuming us! Our curse! The damned God's curse!"

"What the heavens are you talking about?"

"Please, only you can save us! Our Queen! Our Goddess! The curse spreads to infect all of us! She doesn't even spare the children!"

The voice felt to be getting closer and I could feel the air getting sucked from my lungs. The darkness felt like it was closing in on me and all I could do was scream. My body began to tremble and shake uncontrollably.

"Love, wake up!"

"Angel? Is everything okay?" A voice questioned in the distance.

"Rovick! Get in here!

"How long has she been like this?"

"Five, ten minutes. It was just a bad dream until she started screaming!"

"Easy, M'Lord. I think she's finally coming too."

I forced my eyes open and gasped a lung full of air. Angel was holding me up and his eyes were wide with concern. His hair was a bit messy, but he still looked handsome. Once the initial shock of the dream wore off I couldn't hold back the massive waterfall of tears.

Angel quickly pulled me into his chest as I bawled my eyes out and Rovick awkwardly held out a tissue box. Poor Rovick had treated all sorts of wounds and diseases in the Underworld but nothing could have prepared him for the strong emotions of a Goddess. Angel handed me tissue after tissue until I finally got my emotions back under control. My eyes felt sore and puffy. I could only imagine just how red they were from my bloody tears.

"Do you want to let me know what just happened? Did you have a nightmare?"

"Yeah, b-but it felt so real."

"Typically, night terrors do. Would you like me to make some breakfast, M'Lady?"

"Yes, please. If you don't mind, Rovick."

"Not at all, M'Lady." Rovick replied and excused himself, closing the door behind him.

"What happened in your dream, my Jewel?"

Angel laid us back down and I rested my head on his chest as he stroked my hair in a soothing manner.

"I couldn't see anything, but I heard a voice. A voice that sounded like hundreds of voices speaking at once. They said something about me saving them from a curse called the madness."

"Could this have anything to do with those demons you created when you were a baby?"

"They did call me their Queen and Goddess. So, probably. But why would I dream about them closing in on me and taking away my breath?"

"I honestly couldn't say. Let's relax in bed for a little. Just until you feel a bit better. Okay?"

"Yeah, that sounds good."

I took a deep breath and nuzzled into his soothingly cold skin. We stayed like this for ten minutes or so, before finally getting up. We both changed into some casual clothes. Angel wore his usual jeans and t-shirt but today he wore all black. While I slid on some cozy undergarments and a simple, black, silk tunic that laid perfectly against my curves. I wore my daggers as a casual belt and followed Angel out into the living area.