Chapter Three: A Dance

I was met halfway by a very handsomely dressed Angel. He wore one of Father's older outfits. It was a black, Victorian fashioned suit which tailed at the back. His hair was combed out and he wore the black ruffled shirt underneath. Although he didn't have all the buttons done up, it suited him and gave off a relaxed aura. He had nicely polished, black dress shoes on and black dress pants. He looked very elegant and held himself up in a very dignified manner.

"I'm either dead or were going somewhere special." I teased as he took my hand into his own.

"Well, neither. I assumed this would be to your liking, my Princess." He replied and kissed the top of my hand.

"Yes, but I liked the way you looked before." I blushed and took his arm.

"Well, they will be washed today, so no worries. I'll be back to my normal self tomorrow, my Lady." He reassured me as we walked down the staircase.

"That's a relief."

"I'm glad you think so. I hope you don't mind. I can't stand having all the buttons done up. It really bothers me."

"I don't mind at all."

He smiled and seemed to relax a bit. What a strange man he was, always so tense but not always uncomfortable. He would be interesting to figure out, then I found myself wondering what he would be like as a mate. As my mind wandered I didn't pay attention to where I was walking, and I tripped over my own feet. Angel quickly acted and caught me before I fell. My mind came back to me as I realized the situation. In that moment, I became very flustered.

"My apologies, I'm a bit klutzy." I stated, my cheeks flamed red.

"It's fine. Do not worry your pretty head. So cute." He teased and helped me to my feet.

As I regained my composure I couldn't look directly at him without blushing. We continued to walk down the stairs in comfortable silence. With futile attempts to keep my mind focused, I kept thinking about his last statement. Having my mate actually here still had my mind reeling. I kept feeling waves of emotions. Things I had never felt before and I didn't quite know how to deal with them.

"You're thinking about what I said."

I nodded and looked at him. He smiled down at me and held out his arm for me to take. He was my mate and the reality was the fates decided this male would be a perfect match for me. So, eventually, we would work through my weird emotions. Together.

I smiled back and took his arm again. As we walked we made idle chatter about our mornings, exchanging simple pleasantries. Angel opened the door for us when we reached it and escorted me into the main room of the castle.

"Darling! Oh, thank the heavens you're alright." Mother cheered and ran towards us.

She was bubbly as always and Father took his time to join us. He walked right up to us and stood beside Mother. He had a slight smile on his features and a welcoming aura. Mother on the other hand always felt welcoming and gave both Angel and I a hug.

"Of course, I'm alright."

Mother didn't seem to share my humour, but she continued to exchange pleasantries with Angel.

"Good morning, Lightkiller." Father said and pat my shoulder.

"Good morning, Father."

"How are the hounds?"

"Alive, Kine went back to the den before I could examine him, the other though has a bruised torso and cut snout but besides that, he will be alright. He luckily only had the wind knocked out of him. They will heal alright. I'm sure. If you wish you may see them. But, only if you take Angel with you. I don't want to risk losing you again."