Chapter Eight: As Time Passes

For a time, everything was peaceful. As days turned into weeks and eventually weeks into months. Next thing I knew, Angel and I had spent a whole year together in our little home. We learned a lot about each other and our lovely bodyguards, as they liked to be called. Toris and Rovick loved Earth just as much as I did, and we learned about the seasons together.

Angel watched us play with the snow, even as it melted right under us, quicker than it did normally. He laughed and nearly busted a lung when I tossed a ball of snow at Toris and missed. The snow ended up hitting Rovick smack dab in the face. Which started a snow tossing war. Angel and I against trained soldiers. I still say they let us win.

Angel loved the winter and he seemed to be more powerful during it as well. Which arose some questions, but his only answer was always, "My Father." Which was irritating he knew nothing more than I did. It was hard for him to talk about his parents. He still wished Zeus would tell him who his mother was, but Zeus always refused to say. He said it was to keep him safe.

We also celebrated our human birth dates. Angel was now twenty-two and myself twenty-one. During my time on Earth, I wrote to my parents and surprisingly Angel wrote to them as well. I didn't really notice his letters to them until he started to get nervous when our letters arrived.

As late spring rolled around, I sat on our bed and waited for him to come back from his morning walks. I changed into a short, simple, black tunic and wore my belt with daggers attached overtop. As I finished my morning routine by brushing out my now even longer hair.

"My lady? Where is Angel?" Rovick questioned just outside the bedroom door.

"He went out for his morning walk."

Angel was acting odd lately. He seemed unusually nervous and uncomfortable. Which confused me to no end. Sure, we had our arguments, but I hope he wasn't having second thoughts about bonding with me. It's been a year of us living together and he was still my world. My one and only love.

Once a Goddess bonded, it was for life. But, since he was a Demigod, half God, half something else. I worried, maybe once he was bonded it wasn't forever. My mind was everywhere, and all these thoughts of self-doubt were getting out of control.

"You should come out now, Princess. Angel looks to be returning."

I did as he suggested and noticed his tone seemed to be holding a secret excitement to it. Why were these men so insistent on confusing the heck out of me? So, when I came out of my room, I peered out the front window to see Angel talking to Hermes. Angel had a basket and blanket in hand as roses bloomed outside our home.

I looked around Angel and noticed the trees had finally flowered. Since last year when I made the whole forest bloom, the flowers on the trees have been constantly changing different shades of red and white instead of pink. That was definitely my fault, I had never been a fan of that colour.

I quickly headed for the door and just caught the end of their conversation.

"Good luck, my Friend!"

Right after Hermes spoke, he disappeared in his famous fashion of blinding, white light. Angel smiled at me and once I saw that smile all my worries were swept away. I walked up to him and gave him a tight hug.

"I missed you, Angel."

"I missed you too, Gorenora."

"Now what is all of this, my Love?"

"It's nothing much. I just thought we could go out to the lake, it's quite pretty this time of year."

"Well, what are we waiting for Handsome?"