Chapter Six: A Blissful Morning

I awoke late in the morning to the sun up in full, it's rays penetrating through the dark grey curtains. The light hurt my tired eyes until I sat up and they adjusted. I finally had the chance to examine our room. After taking note that Angel was not next to me, I looked at my feet to find a rose and a note. I picked up both. The note read:

To my Beloved Sleeping Goddess,

Do not be alarmed. I'm just in the kitchen making us some breakfast. There is a closet to your left and a door that leads to the bathroom on your right. Take your time, my Sweet.

Love,

Angel

I smiled to myself and set the note and rose back onto the bed, so I could explore. I looked around to see Angel had a general theme to the house. The bed was supported by a gothic-styled, black bed frame and canopy, which draped down the headboard like a veil.

The covers, which I found to be so amazingly soft were a deep, crimson red. Another thing I noticed was the large, stone fireplace which was keeping the room a cozy temperature. He definitely liked his darker colours, much like myself, which I couldn't help feeling really happy about.

No wonder he wasn't put off by the Underworld, or me for that matter when we first met. I set my feet down on the cool floorboards and stood so I could stretch out all the knots in my muscles from our very passionate first night.

Opening the closet door, I found our clothes mixed together. Mine neatly hung and folded in place, while his were scattered here and there inside the closet. I picked up one of his plain black shirts and put it on. It was like a mini dress on me, just covering all my lovely parts. If I was to stretch or bend over, on the other hand, you would get a full view of everything. Being in a rather giddy and flirtatious mood I felt that was enough clothing and walked into the bathroom to freshen up.

I looked at myself in the mirror and looked at our mark. It filled me with warmth, a calming warmth that just made me think no matter what, everything will be okay because I have Angel. He is mine and I am his, forever. Literally eternity, as long as the God's gift him with everlasting life from age. Which if they honour our traditions they will. I took him as my mate and they must honour that even if he's only half God.

I splashed water on my face and forced myself to stop thinking. I looked at the water and watched as it swirled down the drain. Focusing on the simplicity of the bathroom was calming in an odd way. It brought normality to me in this new world, new feelings, new smells, and so many new places to explore without the threat of death looming around every corner. And yet, a part of me missed my old home. My hounds, my friends, and especially my parents.

But then my thoughts turned back to Angel and all my homesickness melted away. He was my world now and he made me happy. I quickly untangled my hair with newfound energy and dashed out of our bedroom. He was there, just across the room in the kitchen. He had his back turned, focused on cooking something that smelled so sweet it made my mouth water. Even with our young bond, he knew I was here and I could feel him smile in my mind.

He was only in a pair of his favourite jeans. The dark tone of the fabric was worn at the feet and knees, but he still loved them anyway.

I admired him in the morning sun. The bright light made him glow and his black wings shined in the rays. I liked the way they ruffled when I was thinking of him and hell only knows of my sinful thoughts. The poor man was practically animalistic in my presence and not even the Gods could understand what he does to me. That powerful draw, I don't think I'll ever get used too. But I loved it, every pulse of our bond.

"My Sweet, before you drive me to act out those lovely thoughts of yours. It's time for breakfast."

I smiled and ran up behind him, catching him off guard as I bearhugged him. His skin still felt cold through my shirt, which completely warmed me to the core. He also smelled divine, it was an indescribable musk that would drive any mate insane.