Chapter Eleven: A Wolf

It wasn't until Mother and I reached the clearing in front of my home did we finally slow down to a normal pace. Kine bolted in front of my Mother and I and raised his hackles. Fur sharpened and all. He was blocking us from the woods next to the house and letting whoever was there know loud and clear he would attack. My mother looked at me confused and I ignited my flames just in case.

My Mother took steps back from me to avoid the flames and I could feel Death waking in my mind. She was curious about all the commotion but scared to come out because of my Mother. She was terrified of the other Gods from what they did to her.

I pushed my senses in the direction of the potential threat and found a dying presence of a larger predator. Kine was beginning to act strangely at this point and shook out his sharp fur, returning it to its soft state. He suddenly howled in anguish and darted towards the woods. Like all hellhounds he was fast but being of alpha blood like his brother, he was faster.

In a matter of seconds, he was nudging a rather large, pure white she-wolf into the clearing. She was staggering forward, and my feet moved before I could think. I ran up to the she-wolf and quickly turned my flames blue. Kine was whimpering as the wolf finally collapsed as I dropped to my knees and pulled the big, beautiful creature into my lap.

"Gorenora, she's my mate! I can't believe. After all these years! Please, you have to save her! Like how you and Angel felt the mate pull from the first time you met! We only get one. Please!"

I couldn't believe my ears as this was definitely a first in my books. A hellhound mated to a wolf but who am I to question fate. I looked into the she-wolves bright yellow eyes and found a determined will to live.

"Of course, Kine. I'll try my best."

The flames quickly engulfed the poor wolf and luckily turned on their own into gold light so as not to hurt her. I could feel a disease inside her blood and that was the cause of her condition. Once I had completely eradicated the disease I gave her the gift of speech like my hounds. When I killed the flames, I set my head on her forehead and stroked her soft fur. Kine whined and nudged the resting she-wolf. He was clearly really worried about his mate.

"Gorenora! My baby! Are you okay?"

Mother joined me on the ground and helped me sit up. I just felt so tired from having to use so much of my energy. It takes a lot to bring back someone from near death and my powers are no exception to this.

"Mother, I'm okay. It's all going to be okay. Kine, she's completely healed now. Rest easy."

"Thank you, Pup. Thank you for everything."

I stroked his muzzle and chuckled, "There's no need to thank me."

Slowly the gorgeous wolf before us started to awaken and Kine let out a howl of celebration. She looked up at Kine howling and moved to nuzzle him. To which Kine accepted her affection and nuzzled her back.

"Thank you, my Goddess. I owe you my life." Came a melodic female voice from the she-wolf.

This must-have confused her at first because she looked around trying to find the source of the voice.

"Did I just speak human? I did it again! This is so amazing!"

"Indeed, my mate. May I ask your name? Mine is Kine."

"Dielanda! I mean. My name is Dielanda."

Her tail wagged just like Kine's and I couldn't help but awe over them. They looked like polar opposites, but they were so cute together. She was just so big for a wolf, especially a female at that.

"What are you exactly?" I questioned Dielanda.

"I'm the last of my kind. I'm a dire wolf. My pack was killed off by humans in the wild and some were taken to be experimented on before, I assume, being killed. We all carried this disease that made any human that touched us very ill. So, I ran and heard of the mystic folk that live in the woods. I decided then this might be the only place I could be safe. It took a lot of swimming to get here but it was worth it."

As she finished talking she looked back up at Kine and implied he was worth it. I awed again and finally stood up.

"If you want. You can stay with us." I offered.

"Yes! Yes, please. I'd really like that."

"Well now that, that's settled. We really need to get you ready, Hun. Come on! Athena is excited for you to wear the dress!"

I laughed and motioned for Kine and Dielanda tofollow my Mother as well.