Vincent & The Doctor pt.2

The Doctor and I start hunting through chests on the TARDIS.

"Right. You in here somewhere? I can't apologise enough. I thought you were just a useless gadget. I thought you were just an embarrassing present from a dull godmother with two heads and bad breath. Twice. How wrong can a man be?" the Doctor says.

"Ooo" I find a gizmo with a rear-view mirror fastened to the top and plug it into the console without answering the Doctor. It powers up and the Doctor stands in front of it and sticks his tongue out. The mirror lights up with Match Found Print Ready. It prints off a picture of the Doctor'sfirst face, then the mirror changes to his second.

"Good. Ok, you're working. Now, see what you make of this. Who is that?" the Doctor asks as he holds up the sketch of the monster. Ding. Match found print ready. A macaw.

"No, we know it's not that. There are thousands of them and you can see them plain as day" I say.

"No. Definitely not. This is the problem with the impressionists. Not accurate enough. This would never happen with Gainsborough or one of those proper painters. Sorry, Vincent. You will just have to draw something better" the Doctor mutters walking off, I stand at the console for a moment playing with the box Amy's engagement ring was in, the Doctor notices and walks back over placing a hand on my shoulder.

He wraps his arms around me and pulls me into him, a short time later we leave the TARDIS, the Doctor is wearing the gizmo on his chest, with the rear-view mirror looking over his right shoulder. An image of the beast appears in it.

"That's better, old girl. Time delay, but you always get it right in the end. Good. Let's find out who this is, then. Well, well, there you are" I look at the mirror and read.

"Krafayis. Planet of origin uncertain. Nomadic pack animals. Strict dominance hierarchy. Huge territories, several solar systems-wide. Preferred habitat: Planets with oxygen and nitrogen-based atmospheres" I say.

"Oh, you poor thing. You brutal, murderous, abandoned thing. I hope we meet again soon so I can take you home" the Doctor says, we look in the mirror again and realise it is right behind us.

"Maybe not that soon" I say as we run, it chases us, only visible in the mirror. The Doctor and I try scattering benches and other objects to slow it down.

"Take that, and that!" the Doctor shouts as he knocks down a basket, eventually it leaves. The Doctor looks around the corner and jumps back into me "never do that! You scared the living daylights out of me" the Doctor breaths as he clutches his chest.

"Sorry, I got bored. As much as you admire his command of colour and shape, it is hard to get fond of Vincent Van Gogh's snoring" Amy says crossing her arms.

*Time Skip*

"Wake, wakey, rise, and shine! Breakfast is served in the courtyard. Whoa! What a morning. Come on. And Amy and the Seer have got a little surprise for you" the Doctor says as he pulls Vincent out of bed, in the courtyard Amy and I sit chatting, Amy looks up.

"We thought we'd brighten things up to thank you for saving me last night," Amy says, lots of sunflowers in lots of pots are scattered around.

"Ah" Vincent nods.

"We thought you might like, you know, possibly to perhaps paint them or something? Might be a thought" I say.

"Yes, well, they're not my favorite flower."

"You don't like sunflowers?" Amy asks.

"No, it's not that I don't like them. I find them complex. Always somewhere between living and dying. Half-human as they turn to the sun. A little disgusting. But, you know, they are a challenge."