Closing Time

"There's a list on the fridge" Sophie says.

"I saw it" Craig replies.

"And I've labelled the food and sort of numbered it."

"Sophie, you don't need to number food."

"It's just a suggestion. Also, my mum might phone."

"Might?"

"And your Mum, and my Dad, and you know, just some people."

"I can cope on my own. Now, please go and have a rest. You need it. I love you."

"I love you, too. And thank you for this. And I do know you can cope on your own. And I may have drawn some arrows in the fridge.

"You really have to go now."

*Time skip*

"Mum, it's not just you. I'm phoning everybody. I'm texting the world. Craig Owens can do it on his own. No one is coming to help me" Craig says, there's a sudden knock at the door "Mum, I'm going to have to call you back" Craig puts the phone down "I'm coping. I'm coping on my own. I'm coping on my own!..." he walks to the front door and opens it "...I'm coping on my own!" he goes wide-eyed.

"Hello, Craig. We're back!" I grin.

"She didn't. How could she phone you two?"

"How could who phone us? Nobody phoned us, we're just here. Oh, you've redecorated. I don't like it" the Doctor pulls a face.

"It's a different house. We moved."

"Yes, that's it."

"Seer, Doctor, what are you doing here?" Craig asks.

"Social call. Thought it was about time we tried one out. How are you?" I ask.

"I'm fine."

"This is the bit where we say we're fine too, isn't it?" the Doctor asks looking at me which I nod "we're fine, too. Good. Love to Sophie. Bye" the Doctor and I turn to leave, then the lights flicker "something's wrong" the Doctor runs inside and heads upstairs with his sonic screwdriver out, Craig and I run after him "on your own, you said. But you're not. You're not on your own."

"Just shush," Craig says.

"Increased sulphur emissions. And look at the state of this place. What are you not telling us?" the Doctor asks.

"Doctor, please."

"Shush."

"No, you shush."

"Shush!"

"Shush!"

"No, you shush!"

"Doctor!" the Doctor bursts into the room.

"Whatever you are, get off this planet!" Craig and I enter just as a baby starts crying.

"You've woken him!" Craig says.

*Time skip*

"So, when you say on your own..." the Doctor trails off.

"Yes, I meant on my own with the baby. Yes. Because no one thinks I can cope on my own. Which is so unfair, because I can't cope on my own with him. I can't. He just cries all the time. I mean, do they have off switches?" Craig asks as The Doctor and I sit at the table.

"Human beings. No. Believe me, I've checked" the Doctor replies.

"No, babies."

"Same difference."