The Bells Of Saint John

*Cumbria 1207*

A monk hammers on the doors of a monastery.

"Wake the Abbott. The bells of Saint John are ringing."

*Courtyard*

"We must go to them."

*Tunnel*

"They call them the mad monks, don't they?"

"They shouldn't. They're definitely not monks."

*Room*

"Ahem. I'm sorry to intrude, but the bells of Saint John are ringing" The Doctor and I turn.

"We're going to need a horse," the Doctor says, there is a portrait on an easel.

"Is that her?" the monk asks.

"The woman twice dead, and her final message. They were drawn to this place of peace and solitude that they might divine her meaning. If they are truly mad, then this is their madness" the message on the portrait is, 'Run you clever boy and girl and remember.'

*Maitland home*

"Angie? Is the internet working? Trying to phone the helpline, they won't answer" Clara says.

"It's working for me."

"Can I use it when you're finished?"

"More than one person can use the internet at a time, Clara."

"You done your homework?"

"Shut up, you're not my mum."

"And I'm not trying to be, ok?" the father enters with his son, who hands him the car keys.

"Right. Yes. Angie's probably fine on her own. You can probably have the night off" he says to Clara.

"I'm ok. I'll be upstairs when I figure out my computer" Clara responds.

"Anyway, the adverts are in, so hopefully we'll find someone."

"I'm here as long as you need me."

"Good. Right, come along, Artie. Time to go" Clara takes the book Artie is holding. Summer Falls by Amelia Williams.

"What chapter are you on?" Clara asks.

"Ten."

"Eleven is the best. You'll cry your eyes out."

"Artie!" Artie leaves. Clara returns to her phone.

"Oh, come on! Just answer. Pick it up. Pick it up. Pick it up" she goes upstairs to her room, which is converted attic space. Clara stabs at her laptop to get the available Wi-Fi list up. Just two - Maitland Family and weird symbols.

*Cavern*

A telephone is ringing in the woods. The Doctor and I escorts have brought us to a stone built entrance to an underground cavern. The TARDIS is here.

"That is not supposed to happen," the Doctor says as I open the little door next to the St John Ambulance symbol and answer the phone.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Ah, hello. I can't find the internet" Clara says.

"Sorry?"

"It's gone, the internet. Can't find it anywhere. Where is it?"

"The internet?" the Doctor looks at me which I shrug.

"Yes, the internet. Why don't I have the internet?"