The Time Of The Doctor pt.3

*Tower*

"Ha" Clara looks at the drawings and his workbench "oh, Doctor, Seer. Fixing toys and fighting monsters"

"The turkey isn't done yet."

"Is it still asking the questions?" Clara asks.

"Oh, never stops. Come upstairs. It's almost time."

"What for?"

"Dawn. The light here lasts only a few minutes. You don't want to miss it."

*Bell chamber*

The Doctor carries Handles up the stairs. A small fire is burning in the chamber.

"Well, it's a standoff Seer. They can't attack in case we unleash the Time Lords, and we can't run away, because they'll burn this planet to stop the Time Lords. Hey, after all these years, I think we've finally found somewhere that needs us to stick around. A town called Christmas. Could've been worse. Right?" the Doctor looks around. "there you go, buddy. Comfy?"

"Comfort is irrelevant" the Doctor moves Handles.

"How's that, is that better?"

"Affirmative."

"You just take it easy, buddy" the Doctor then starts talking to Clara "he's getting old. I do my best for him, but I just can't get the parts, you know. Hey, I know the feeling" we are roasting marshmallows on the open fire.

"Where did you get those?" Clara asks.

"I have a supplier. The pink ones are best"

I sit down and hand Clara a necklace and a ring.

"What are these?" Clara asks when I hand it to her.

"There mine. The necklace is a present from my brother."

Clara looks down at the necklace in her hands, it was gold with a black gem in the middle, Clara smiles and places it around her neck.

"It suits you." the Doctor says.

"I have developed a fault."

"Hey, don't you worry, Handles. you're just dreaming. The sun's coming up very soon. You just hang in there" I say.

"I have developed a fault. I, I have developed a fault."

"Hey, Handles. Come on. Come on. One more dawn, you can do it. You've got it in you. Come on, just hang in there."

"Attention. Emergency. Attention."

"Handles, what is it? What's wrong?"

"Urgent action required. You must patch the telephone device back through the console unit" Handles' lights go out.

"Come back. Handles? Handles. Oh. Thank you, Handles, and well done. Well done, mate" the Doctor mutters, the sun rises between the mountains "what do you think of my new place? I come up here once a day for a few minutes, to remind myself of what it is I'm protecting and of those I lost."

"It's beautiful. Why did you send me away?" Clara asks.

"Because if we hadn't, we'd have buried you a long time ago" I reply.

"No, you wouldn't. I would never have let you get stuck here."

"Ha! Everyone gets stuck somewhere eventually, Clara. Everything ends."

"Except you two."

"Have you been paying attention? We're old now."

"But you don't die. You change. You pop right back up with a new face same with the Seer."