Chapter seventeen

ANASTASIA

"Are you sure you're fine with us leaving you alone in this clinic?" she nodded with no energy. I knew she was in pain, ayaw lang niya ipahalata sa amin.

"You guys have to eat," I can't believe she's still like that in her condition. That's what I like about her.

"You also have to eat, are you dumb?" Of course, I have to show to side to the people who doesn't know what I am in real life.

Coco chuckled. "Alright, get me anything."

Tumayo na ako sabay sa kanilang dalawa. I was at their back all the time going to the kitchen. They were probably sharing chikas that I must not know. When I told the three of them what I knew earlier, I just knew they have someone in mind but they refuse to tell me. It even caused a long silence on us. It's not like It's their fault any way. That's why I opened another topic because I heard Prisoner seven's tummy making noise. I understand.

There are some students left eating by the kitchen table. Unbelievable, the whole table is messy. As if a bunch of pigs came by to eat. "Don't they know how to eat properly?" I said in annoyance. It was both me and my other self saying that. I mean, who likes a filthy kitchen?

"Prisoner thriteen, you're a cleaner today. Please clean up after eating, thanks, I guess." Mukha namang mabait siya dahil tumango agad at pinagpatuloy ang pagkain.

Dahil naingit ako at sobrang nagugutom na rin ako, nagtingin-tingin na ako ng mga puwedeng kainin.

The only available food here are: Yogurt, Canned goods, Bread, Boiled and raw eggs, Water and Juice. Great, exactly what I am looking for. (This is sarcastic)

"Calm down dude," tawa ni Prisoner seven kay Prisoner eight na naka-apat nang boiled eggs sa bibig niya. Oh goodness, if I could explain my hunger I would show them her. But I need to keep myself composed so I'm relaxed outside but on war with myself on the inside. Kumuha na ako ng anim na boiled eggs, enough for me and Coco. Two canned foods and a whole pack of unopened bread for the both of us. I won't also forget our drinks.

Sumubo na ako ng isang boiled egg dahil mukhang hihimatayin na ako sa gutom. Dahan-dahan ko nang dinala ang pagkain papunta sa clinic, mukhang hindi nga napansin nung dalawa dahil busy sila sa pagkain at pakikipagtawanan sa isa't-isa. If any one sees them they'll mistake them as a couple, but I know who they both like. Kahit hindi nila sabihin sa akin dahil halata naman kung sino. Napatawa nalang ako sa sarili ko kasi mashado silang halata.

Nang makaharap na ako sa pinto ng clinic ay napagtanto kong hindi ko siya mabubuksan dahil marami akong bitbit. It would be a disgrace if I put the food on the floor. Maybe I'll just try to open it using my fingers—

"Thank you—" naputol ang sasabihin ko nang makita ko kung sino ang tumulong sa akin. "Loser."

"Is that how you appreciate kind gestures to anyone? Miss Ana... or should I say, president?" he asked which I scoffed. Azazel is so annoying.

"No, no, definitely not." I had no energy to spend much with him because boys are a waste of time. Sinipa ko na ang pinto para mabuksan ito nang buo.

But there was no sign of Coco. Wala si Coco sa loob. Humarap ako sa pintuan. Now he's also gone. My initial thought was Coco must've gone to the bathroom, but when I processed everything of what I've seen inside this clinic today is there is no sign of Coco and her clinic bed is also gone. "Fuck."