Chapter thirty-eight

COURAGE

📣: 𝘗𝘳𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘳 11, 𝘔𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘳 𝘚𝘢𝘭𝘢𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘢,
𝘥𝘪𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘴𝘶𝘳𝘷𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘶𝘯𝘪𝘴𝘩𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵.

📣: 𝘗𝘳𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘳 11, 𝘔𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘳 𝘚𝘢𝘭𝘢𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘢,𝘥𝘪𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘴𝘶𝘳𝘷𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘶𝘯𝘪𝘴𝘩𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵

9 𝘱𝘳𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘳𝘦𝘮𝘢𝘪𝘯.

Hope is a simple word, but it holds deeper meanings. Such as, helping others despite the consequences, or seeing us— all of us prisoners getting along well and praying for our escape. Well, the second one certainly did not happen atleast once here— so— but I wish it did. I am a bit of an optimist. I like harmony!

The thing is, hope can be easily destroyed. Because a person like MC exists. It's difficult even considering them a person at this point. The unfortunate ones, Prisoners 1, 5, 10 and 11. The victims of this applied system, Prisoners 3 and 12. I can't blame them for playing the game, the mastermind is who must be blamed.

Sometimes people refuse to look at the bigger picture therefore they only see what's presented infront of them. The ones who judge the fruit of despair must seek to cognize what it truly means to be a victim. The game finally ended, but at what cost? We lost another prisoner who aims for equity— he was shut down because he fights for what is right. MC resorts to the sinful when someone goes against her— to show dominance— to destroy our hope— to make us feel helpless.

"Hey. Let's clean ourselves, it'll be dinner time within ten minutes," bumalik ako sa katinuan nang marinig ko ang boses ni President. I had to blink a few more times before following her going upstairs to clean the blood at got into us. Tahimik kaming umakyat pataas. We did not even bid goodbyes when before we went inside our rooms. I didn't mind but it was weird. Kaming dalawa nalang pala ang natitira sa baba kanina, meanwhile the bloody mess MC created was already gone the moment I realized it. It was so fast, with a blink of an eye, bigla nalang nawala 'yon kanina. It reminded me again on how terrifying MC can get. Napa-isip tuloy ako kung ano'ng puwedeng mangyari kung nahuli ako ni MC doon. I could be immediately dead, or worse, disappear and become non-existent among the prisoners.

What happened earlier was still being processed in my brain, I refuse that it happened, he certainly did not deserve such punishment. I clenched my fists to the thought of being silenced. I cannot bear to be like this no more, I am not raised to be like this— the reason I've been expelled alot of times is because I chose to speak up. For him, and certainly for the victims, I knew I have to act to serve them justice.

Some day, the flowers will wither but today's not the day. It's too early to die. To defeat MC, we must stick together. The situation today seems to oppose the idea of teamwork and friendship. It'll be hard for me to convince them into taking part of my plan. The mere fact that Barbie could not look at me directly in the eyes tells something. Guilty. Shame. She probably thinks I think of her as somewhat worse than a criminal now. Honestly, what she did is compromised; nonetheless, if what she told us was the truth, I cannot blame her for that. Doing something bad because someone tells you so... she needs more control of herself and what she lets in her life. Barbie can't live like that forever.