Chapter twenty-five

COURAGE

"That the killer has sufficient strength to carry a body in a short period of time. Let me remind everyone that the blackout lasted for only approximately a minute."  sagot at panimula ko. "Tanongin ko kayo, gaano karami na kaya ang puwedeng magawa ng killer sa maikling panahon na 'yon?"

"One minute or less was the length of the blackout. During the atleast first twenty seconds, we all heard three random footsteps, which we'll assume it's the killer's, Prisoner five's and unknown. Shortly after, we hear a loud thud. Hmm, judging from the volume it cannot be a stomp of a feet... it must be..."

"A dead body?" tanong ni President sa akin which I shook my heads afterwards.

"I wouldn't say dead. But yes, a body. Someone had probably pushed Prisoner five's body which hit the most vital part of his head and bleeded until death." humarap ako kay Prisoner three nang banggitin ko 'yong huling sinabi ko.

"And you're saying that Prisoner three's the killer? Oh c'mon, where's the girl power?" reklamo ni Prisoner two.

"Because who else? Shortly after the loud thud was a scream of a woman, not a man." sagot ko. I would love to say something more to her last sentence pero hindi ko na pinansin, I realized it will be a waste of time dealing with her.

"Isn't that a bit misleading, Prisoner six? Unless you're trying to prove that Prisoner three is guilty. A bit internalized misogynistic statement don't you agree?"

I never knew Azazel would waste his energy for something like this. Now we're both inside the circle, as if we're the defendant's lawyers. The spotlight was unto us, everyone was listening diligently while we argue.

"So you think that Prisoner fifteen did it instead?"

"Proof by reasonable doubt, thus you don't think, the motive behind killing Prisoner five was exasperation. Don't you agree, Prisoner three?"

Mukhang nalito halos lahat ng nandito sa sinabi ng nasa harapan ko. He should speak a language that every one understands. Hinanap naman ng mga mata ko si Prisoner three na mukhang mas kumalma na ngayon.

"A-ayaw siyang pansinin ni Prisoner fifteen, lagi siyang iniiwasan. One time, sinabi pa nga niya sa akin na sinabihan siya ng 'get lost' ni Setsuna kaya lumapit siya sa akin na iyak nang iyak e." Prisoner three testimonied. Her statements always seem exaggerated. Should I call for hearsay?

"But doesn't Prisoner five has a better motive for killing? Being ignored is much emotional damaging than being annoyed." Barbie's question opened a new side of a story.

I heard Azazel choke on his saliva which led me to continue pressuring him. "Prisoner fifteen's body proportions are no better than Prisoner five but we can assume that if they are to fight one-on-one, the former would wi—"

"And that is the reason why he has the strength to kill him without any murder weapons." He likes cutting off people doesn't he?

Ugh. So annoying.

Lumapit sa akin si Azazel at bumulong. "You just dug on your own grave— I mean, you just dug out Setsuna's grave. How long will you keep digging?"

"There was no reason for Prisoner five to deal with Prisoner fifteen because they're about the same body proportion." I ignored him at mas linakasan pa ang boses ko. He had a smirk on his face after which irked me. "Hence he could just continue admiring him from afar. If Prisoner five tried to attack his crush, the assaulted would win the fight. It would be an act of self-defense instead." I defended Setsuna, unbelivable.