Chapter thirty-seven

COURAGE

The pressure's now on the stressed-looking boy as his partner actually did his best answering the questions. It may not look like it personally but I could feel Setsuna's eagerness to escape. Come to think of it, ever since he sat there, his fists are always clenched.

But the question is, does Azazel even care to win when he'll have to share the victory with his enemy? Personally, I am kind of petty. I'd understand if he won't play the game properly... but gaining INT Points basically means the key to our survival, or escape rather. It would be a dumb move to just throw away the oppurtunity to be one step closer escaping just because of unnecessary pettiness. If that happens, Azazel will officially become the dumbest person I've ever known, beating the list of girls I've fought with in elementary and the list goes on.

"First question for Prisoner fourteen, what is Prisoner fifteen's favorite food?" Surprisingly, Azazel's hand was fast to write the answer on the board. But the ways where his hand goes is suspicious, as if he's scribbling.

Adobo made by his mom. Correct. Ah, another person with an ugly hand-writting. He should study preschool again to learn writing properly, as well as he should learn manners. It could be that Setsuna did not expect for him to answer, Setsuna subtly made a face that can be viewed as rapt or contentment. Now that he knows Azazel wouldn't sabotage their way to escape, natanggalan na siya ng tinik sa lalamunan niya. I can see his breathing becoming more relaxed than earlier. Two questions are left, and they're still fighting for the lead.

"How many siblings does Prisoner fifteen have?"

None. Correct. Aha, that's why he acts that way, as if he doesn't care about anyone else. If he's an only child, then Azazel's pretty obvious at this point. Every correct answers, the current first rankings became dull and slowly unto accepting their defeat. Right. Everyone wants to escape, it's normal to feel that way.

"What is Prisoner fifteen's favorite online game?"

It's boring. Their game, I mean. Unlike the first two pairs— they all had drama. Just when I was expecting something to happen, it just doesn't happen. We found out about people who turn out to be accomplices to a crime, but two people who we knew there's something between them, relavation doesn't happen? The five past questions were all questions irrelevant to something that could trigger a dark secret. Dissapointing! This is the final question but it's just another normal one. Azazel's taking his time to answer. Knowing how cunning he is, it's one out of the two things: He doesn't know the answer and he's acting like he knows or he wants Setsuna to get nervous because of the time. Technically, they're already winners, unless Azazel happens to fail answering or fail to answer within atleast twenty minutes. Which I doubt will happen. Tik-tok-tik-tok. The sound of his pen ticking was the only thing making a sound.

"This is weird," bulong ni President. She heaves a sigh. She must be nervous.

An index finger pointing Azazel caught my peripheral vision. He immediately put it down after turning my head recognizing it's my seatmate, Prisoner eleven. "M-may s-s-sagot na 'yong board niya," napakunot naman ang noo ko sa sinabi niya. He made eye contact to gesture he was being honest. Linipat naman ng mga mata ko si Azazel at siningkit ang mga mata ko para makita ang board nang maayos gaya ng sinabi niya, pero wala naman akong makita dahil nakaharap sa akin ang likuran ng board niya.

"How many minutes do I have left until I beat the cheaters, MC?" Azazel asked while taunting the first placers, flipping the board down which gives me no chance to take a glimpse of what's on his board.

"I'm afraid I can't tell you that. Hihihi! Giving information while in-game is prohibited. I also follow my own rules~" sagot naman ni MC. Azazel nodded in acknowledgment.