Chapter thirty

COURAGE

"How sad. You guys didn't expect to see the execution personally, right? Well? Surprise! And for Prisoner six, you must be glad to be receiving another amount of INT Point. Ohoho~ You must be so excited for your escape!" Because of her I felt more awkward than ever, as the attention was on me. I can't even say all of them were glad for me, most of them were envious.

"Don't worry, everyone, it's not just Prisoner six who has lots of INT Points! But she's currently ranked at the top because of the heroic act she had done for today's murder case. Of course she deserves that gift! Don't you guys think so? If anyone's curious about their current standing, head back to the lobby and the large monitor will gladly show everyone!"

"After going back to the lobby, I also advise everyone to take a shower. Not that everyone stinks but... I cannot recognize any of you because of the blood!" Tumawa siya pagkatapos at onti-onting naglaho sa dilim.

Thats how she bid her second goodbye. Andami niyang sinabi ngayon pero parang lumuwas lang sila sa kabila kong tenga. Ang hirap i-process ang mga nangyari ngayon, ang hirap mag move-on agad. Ang hirap masanay. Ayaw kong masanay sa ganitong pamunuhay.

Makakaalis din ako, makakalaya ako. I will not let this affect me in some way. Huminga ako nang malalim at tumayo na. We need to get back and follow MC's instructions. If the time cones for Mental Education, we would have lack of sleep and won't be able to focus on her lessons. Para akong robot na naka-auto pilot, kusa-kusa nalang naglalakad; hindi ko nga alam kung may kumakausap sa akin ngayon pero may mga naririnig akong ingay mula sa likod ako. Basta ako focus lang sa goal ko, bumaba ulit at maligo para matulog at ipahinga ang utak ko.

Sumunod na rin pala silang lahat sa akin. Para kaming red army dahil sa mga dugong tumalsik sa mukha namin. My eyes darted to the person whose mental got damaged the most, Prisoner four. Just like earlier, he was still trembling hard. When we had an eye contact he immediately changed his eyes' direction to something else. Poor him. He was just like mom when she knew about my father's death. It suddenly reminded me of my younger days where I had to take care of my mother and eventually skipped school for atleast a week. Our family's story was quite famous in town so they allowed me.

I wanted to comfort him so badly but I know I should just think about my well-being. Walang magandang ipapala kapag nangingialam ka ng buhay ng iba. That's what I learnt during my younger years, pero wala akong pake, I still kept poking my nose to some business. Why? Because I knew I had to. Someone has to.

Pagkabukas ng pinto ng elevator ay sinundan ko siya; it was definitely out of my plan but I am Courage. I know what I am and who I am like. Isa akong pakielamera na naging dahilan ng pagkamatay ng mama ko, well, that's what they told me.

He stopped at the lobby just like everyone else to see the current rankings. Gaya nga ng sinabi ni MC, ako ang nangunguna. Sinundan nina President at Barbie na may apat, at the rest, tatlo. Teka— hindi— may itlog. May naka-zero.

"Ginawa ko naman ang lahat..." ang mga mata ko ay lumipat sa taong nakatanggap ng walang puntos. "Pero bakit?"

Humarap sa kaniya si Azazel na nasa harap niya. "You caused confusion to the players and helped the IT. You even caused Prisoner six to risk her own points just for everyone's safety. You just deserve that zero INT Points of yours, Prisoner four."

Hindi makatingin sa kaniya si Prisoner four gaya ng pagtingin ni Azazel sa kaniya na parang bang ikamamatay nito kapag sinubukan niyang tignan siya pabalik. I sometimes hate it when Azazel gets the attitude. His straight-forwardness won't help anyone recover quickly, I knew he just made him worse. Marami tuloy ang umalis na para maligo, kaming tatlo nalang ang natitira ngayon sa lobby.