Chapter 2

Maya's POV:
I walked into torture aka school. I immediately heard laughter and people pointing and laughing at my backpack

I rolled my eyes and made it to my locker. I banged on the locker so it would open. I stuffed my stupid backpack in it and grabbed out my books.

"Hey Maya."

I turned around to see my best friend Riley. "Hey Riles."

"I heard you had a hello kitty backpack."

Maya sighed. "Go ahead. Laugh. I'm a sophomore with a hello kitty backpack."

"I'm not gonna laugh. Don't worry about it." Riley said, putting her arm around me.

This is what I love about Riley.

"Hey hello kitty." The most idiotic voice said.

Oh god.

I turned around and faced with the most disgusting guy in the school. Lucas Friar.

He is the biggest player in the grade, swooping girls off their feet, and then breaking their hearts.

He tried flirting with me the first day he came here. Big mistake, friar.

"Hey Lucas, shouldn't you be at a Texas range right now?"

People laughed around us.

Lucas smirked a annoying smirk and shoved past Riley to get to my locker.

"This is Maya reliving her childhood everyone!!" He said, holding my backpack.

"Yeah so? Let me guess, you watched Elmo?" I said, copying his smirk.

Suddenly, the intercom went off. "MAYA HART AND LUCAS FRIAR COME TO THE PRINCIPIALS OFFICE."

Oh no