Chapter 9

School was over, I went home blah blah blah.

Let's skip to my study date with Lucas.

This time we were going already to his house and I'm meeting his family.

Geez. You go out for two days and I'm already at the parents phase.

I used Lucas's text that he sent me with his address and started to walk. It was about a 10 minute walk.

My birthday is in 6 months, so i should be getting my learners permit but my aunt won't drive with me anywhere..

But I'm looking forward to freedom.... If I ever get it.

I reached Lucas's street and searched house numbers.

"912...913...914!!" I said, standing in front of a small one story house.

Well here goes nothing.

I went up to the door and saw Friar on the doormat.

I knocked on the door and immediately the door opened. I jumped and stepped back.

A teenage girl answered the door, little older than me. "Jake finally!" She said, then she glanced at me.

She shut the door in my face.
....

I knocked on the door again and heard some voices from inside. The same girl answered the door again and faked a smile at me. "Lucas your girlfriend is here!!!" She screamed up the stairs.

My face turned a shade of red with a mix of blushing/embrassment.

The girl stood there texting and chopping her gum, leaving me standing outside the door.

Suddenly a middle aged women appeared, "Kayla aren't you gonna let the poor girl?"

Kayla rolled her eyes and let me inside.
I'm regretting this by the minute.

I'm guessing Lucas's mom, put a hand on my shoulder. "Sorry about my daughter..."

Kayla suddenly looked up from her phone. "This is like the millionth girl Lucas has brought here and I'm tired of being known as the players older sister!!" She stormed off.

Well, its someone's time of month.

Mrs friar took a deep breath and smiled back at me. "Lucas should be upstairs, you can go up."

"Thank you."

I walked up the stairs and saw a ton of pictures in the hallway.

I stopped to look at some family pictures and Lucas as a baby.

"You like what you see?"

I turned around and saw Lucas there, looking all sweaty and gross.

"In the picture yes right now... No."

"I was working out." Lucas said, presenting me with his flexed muscles.

I felt my cheeks flush. Danggg.

Lucas smirked at the expression on my face and said "go ahead feel them."

"No."

"I know you want to."

"No."

"Please."

I pushed on his arm lightly. "Noooo. I'm not touching you when your sweaty and gross."

Suddenly, Lucas pulled me into a sweaty hug.

"You never said I couldn't touch you." He whispered into my ear.

I made a face but found myself hugging back.

"Awwww." A voice said.

We released the hug and turned around to see Lucas's mom there.

"You two are so cute." She said.

"Mommmm."

Mrs Friar put her hands up in surrender. "what? Also honey you could use a shower." She walked down the stairs.

It took everything I had in me not to laugh.

Lucas shook it off and placed a shoulder around me. "Ready to study?" he said smirking.

I pulled his arm away from me and stepped back. "Im not doing anything with you until you shower."

"Mayaaaa."

"Lucasssss."

"Come in the shower with me." he said, wiggling his eyebrows.

I gagged. "You are so gross! Now leave."

He winked at me as he left towards the bathroom.

-5 minutes later-
"I dont get how boys take such fast showers." I said, sitting on Lucas's bed.
Lucas shrugged and sat next to me. "Its the girls job to worry about hair and makeup, even though..." he lifted my chin up so we locked eyes.

"They are beautiful no matter what."
I blushed instantly and started to lean in. We were so close.... and then.....

.
.
.
.
.
.
Someone barged through the door. "Lucas!!!" the person screamed.

We both stood up quickly like nothing had happened. But Lucas looked mad.
"Kayla!! What is it??"

"Baya has to leave."

I cleared my throat "umm it's Maya"
"Whatever!"

"Why does she have to leave?" Lucas said. Suddenly, I felt Lucas's hand reach for mine.

I intertwined our fingers together.

"We have to do that stupid family thing mom arranged."

Lucas groaned. "Not again!!"

I picked up my stuff with my one free hand and put it on my shoulder. "Well I guess I gotta go."

Lucas looked at me sadly. "We never got to "study""

"we will another day." I said winking.
He pressed his forehead against me and murmured something I didn't hear.......

Someone cleared their throat and we stood up straight. I forgot Kayla was standing there.

"I'll walk you out." Lucas said, our hands still locked.

We walked down the stairs and out the front door. I waved bye to mrs friar and stepped out into the cool air.

"Bye. I'll see you at school." Lucas said.

"Bye."

I started to walk away when I heard a voice behind me. "wait!"

I saw Kayla standing there at the front door.

"Hi." I said, unsure what was about to happen.

"Lucas never acts that away about girls. Usually he just hooks up with them and then breaks their hearts. But your different... And I like it."

And she was gone.

I thought about what she said my whole walk home... This is just a challenge. Just a challenge. Or is it??