Chapter 3

Maya's POV:
I sat in the principals office, looking at my surroundings. The dusty old color less walls, the clock ticking as time went by, piles of paper staked up on the desk.

This place scares me. But I'm used to it by now, I've been here 5 times before.

Wanna do why?? STUPID LUCAS FIRE OR WHATEVER HIS LAST NAME IS. We started pulling pranks on each other in the hallways and even in lockers.

Lucas and I both took a seat in our usual spots. We faced a angry Mrs. Johnson.

"How many times have you two been here?" She asked us.

Lucas shrugged. "Like 4"

"Actually 5" I said correcting him.

"Ms know it all." Lucas muttered.

I rolled my eyes. Such a child.

"It's actually 6, including today." Mrs Johnson said, glaring at us both.

"MRS know it all." Lucas muttered again.

I wanted to laugh but I didn't.

I watched as mrs Johnson's forehead creased in anger. Funny, each time we are her forehead creases even more.

Mrs Johnson closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Finally she spoke up, "this isn't preschool. This is high school, and I'm tired of you two always messing with the other."

Okay mrs Johnson get to the point.

"You guys need to start getting along and I'll leave how you will up to you guys."

Can she actually do this?? I hate a guy and I get sent to the principals office. That's fair.

I watched as mrs Johnson wrote on a couple sticky notes. "Here are your passes to your next class. You can go now."

I took the pass and picked up my hello kitty backpack. I sighed. This day sucks.

I could feel Lucas's smirk behind me as my zipper with a tiny hello kitty on it dangled up and down.

I reached my locker and put my backpack away. I watched as Lucas put his backpack away as well.

Why oh why did we have to be locker buddies?

As Lucas shut his locker, I turned to him. "so looks like we gotta try and be friends Frair."

He just smirked. Oh that smirk annoys the crap out of me.

"I have a challenge. Are you up for it?"

I shrugged. "Depends on what it is."

" Let's play a game. Let's hang out 24/7. Take walks together. Hang out with each other's friends. Talk all night on the phone. Let's kiss and hug. Whoever falls in love? Loses."

I snorted. Oh this is gonna be easy! "Your on Frair."

We shook hands on it.

"We'll start at lunch." Lucas said, starting to walk away.

"Goodbye girlfriend."

And with that, he was gone.