Introduction

*******SPOILER ALERT*************************************

DO NOT READ THIS INTRO IF YOU HAVEN'T READ BREAKING FINN, IT WILL RUIN THE ENDING!!

If you're safe to proceed, listen to the song attached while you read the intro to get you "in the mood".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finn is now 19.  The first year after he left Miami wasn't the easiest.  He was confused, angry, often feeling desolate over his separation from the man he loved with all of his heart.  They say your first love stays with you forever.  He knew that even if Nico didn't want to be with him anymore, Finn would always love him; there would always be a part of his heart that was Nico's.  Only Nico's. 

Finn's senior year at a prestigious High School in New York was complicated by the fact that not only was he nursing a broken heart, but he was the youngest in his class and once again felt outside the "in" crowd, but after coming out of his broken shell, he made his own group of friends, even doing as Declan hoped, dating a guy close to his own age.

His healing was aided by Declan and Jaime, though he sometimes felt like Declan never told him the whole story about why he had to go live with them in New York.  Once he could paint again, Declan continued to be his teacher and mentor, but Jaime was his parent, he was both mother and father, nurturing him with all his heart, and Jaime had a huge heart that was just craving someone to take care of.

Finn didn't get to see Benji, his 'adopted' big brother as often as he would have liked, but they talked on the phone all the time and Benji flew out to see him whenever he could.  He did have Chris though.  As soon as his school year ended, Chris moved to New York and applied to Cooper Union, one of the best art colleges in New York City, so he could continue to work with Declan.  Chris and Finn naturally became closer, even dated during Finn's freshman year also at Cooper Union, but after a few months they realized that they were better as friends.

In the three years since he left Miami, Finn had neither seen nor heard from Nico.  He ran the gamut of emotions over his former lover's exodus from his life; denial, anger, guilt, sadness and finally acceptance.  After a few months of futile efforts, Finn stopped trying to contact him, stopped trying to find out where he was from Benji, who confessed that this was something that Ajax kept from him as well.  All he knew was that before he could even say goodbye, Nico had left on his boat, Serenity.  Louisa and Rosita came to Miami to say a tearful goodbye to him, telling him that Nico had sent orders to have his Island home closed up.  Only a skeleton crew remained to keep the house and grounds maintained.

After two years of college in New York, Finn made a big decision.  He wanted to transfer to U.C.L.A.  He realized New York City wasn't his dream.  He was a California boy.  He missed the sunshine, he missed the California coast and mostly he missed his big brother who would be completing his senior year.  Declan wasn't too pleased, but as Finn was well over 18, he had no say and soon relented, even calling a personal friend in the art department and ensuring his acceptance.

This story is about a different Finn.  No longer a boy, Finn has grown into his own.  Despite his hardships, he's grown confident, outgoing and his talent has grown and begun to be recognized.

----------------------------

The next two chapters are Finn's journal that he kept after Nico left.  Readers of Breaking Finn wanted to know what he was feeling, how he went from the misery Nico left him at to happy and dating Henry.  This will be explained in his words.  The journal spans over the 3 years, though after the first year he didn't write a whole lot.  Once the journal has been presented, the actual story will begin.

Enjoy!

Paisley