13 - When I Ruled The World

The man kept shooting and shooting. It was almost as if the bullet sounds were getting louder as they went.

Shot. Shot. Shot.

I looked up to see who the person looked like. And what I saw terrified me.

It was Jason.

I knew he was insane, but I didn't know that he was so insane that he would become a school shooter.

I didn't know what to do in that situation. I started crying. 

What if I get shot? What if Rami, Gwil, or Lucy gets shot?  The worst thought crossed my mind. 

What if I get shot in the stomach and lose the baby? I wondered all these things as Jason got closer and closer to the table we were at. I made sure that he didn't see me. I had a feeling that he was looking for me.

"WHERE THE FUCK IS HE!? WHERE'S THAT FAG?!" He screamed as he shot his gun up in the air so the bullets were going threw the ceiling. Rami, Gwil, and Lucy started crying now. I heard crying everywhere throughout the lunchroom as everyone was hiding under their tables. Then, Gwil got up from under the table and ran towards him. Right before tackling him to the ground, i heard another fire of his gun go off. I look up to see that Gwil was fighting Jason to get his gun. I think he was trying to get his gun so he could shoot him. I saw that they were fighting over the gun and it looked like something out of a movie. 

They were both fighting over the gun when I saw Jason shoot Gwil in, what looked like, his shoulder. He let out a scream then I saw Gwil take the gun and shoot him in the chest. It was completely disgusting. He let out a few short breaths before getting up and holding his shoulder. That's when the police and the firefighters and the medics came.

Ben's pov 

Today I woke up earlier than Joe. I decided I should make him breakfast because he deserves it. It's the least I could do when he carrying my child. Once I was done making his breakfast, I gave it to him, but he had morning sickness. He was soon done with his sickness and started eating his pancakes. Then once he was done with his morning routine, he gave me a kiss on my busted lips before heading out the door. 

Today I'm going to book another ultrasound appointment for Joe. It's going to be when he's 12 weeks pregnant. I decided this because at 12 weeks of pregnancy, you can hear its heartbeat. I was so excited to hear its heartbeat. I'm sure Joe is, too.

I went up to Joe's room and got into the shower. I did my thing in it and got out. I put a towel around my waist and got some of my clothes. I decided that I should go out and buy baby socks. I know it's really early to do so but I think Joe will find them cute. I went downstairs and saw that no one was in the house anymore. I went outside and got into my car and started the thing up. I drove until I got to the store that sells baby stuff. I went in to find some socks that look like they could go with both genders because I don't know what my baby's gender is yet. 

I got some normal, white socks that will hopefully fit my baby's feet once my baby gets here. I paid for them and got back into my car. I drove back to Joe's house and got out of the car. I went back inside and went upstairs to Joe's room. I put the socks on his bed and went downstairs to make the call for the appointment. I picked up the house phone and called the doctor that we went to last time. As I waited for someone to answer, I turned on the TV and just decided to watch the news. Then I heard someone on the other line. 

"Hello, this is the (you can make up a name for the doctor's office) How can I help you?" The woman said to me as I watched the TV. "Hi, I'm Ben Hardy. I'm booking an ultrasound appointment for Joseph Mazzello. It's-" Before I could finish, I saw on the news that my school had a SHOOTING! 

"Just now, there has been a shooting at (once again, you can make up a name for their school) and from what police say, there has only been one shooter so far . . . " The woman on the TV said. I was so scared. What would happen to Joe? Is he okay? 

"I'm going to have to call you back." Then I hung up.

I got back into my car and headed to the school as quickly as I could. I didn't want to risk losing Joe or the baby. I drove as fast as I could, maybe going over the speed limit, and went to our school. I saw that there were ambulances and police everywhere. I parked my car in the parking lot and saw Joe with a lot of other kids coming out of the school. I got out of my car and ran towards him. 

"Oh my god! Are you okay?" I asked him as I hugged him tightly. He cried into my shoulder. He said something into my shoulder that I couldn't make out. "Joe, speak up. I can't hear you," I told him as he continued crying into my shoulder. 

"Gwil got shot." I hugged him tighter. 

"Is he okay?" 

"I hope so." I then saw Gwil come out of the school on an ambulance bed. He was awake but he was screaming. I'm pretty sure it was out of pain. Then Joe told me something that blew my mind. 

"Jason was the shooter."

Sorry for the cliffhanger . . . again. And we just hit 300 reads!!! THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!! I love all of you. And thank you for staying around and enjoying this slightly awful book. But yeah, I need to go to bed. Thank you guys so much and I love you!