18 - All Of Me

January 2

Today was my birthday. Today was also the day Joe and I were going to hear our baby's heartbeat for the first time. I'm so excited that I'm going to hear it. It's going to be the best birthday present I've ever gotten. It's weird loving someone who is so small so much.

I got up and the first thing in front of my eyes was my boyfriend, the love of my life. 
I smiled as I admired his beautiful face. I got up and went downstairs to make him and I breakfast. I made him pancakes with orange juice. Once I was completely done, I went back to the room and brought him the plate. I walked in and I first heard puking sounds from the bathroom. Joe had morning sickness again.

After sometime, he came out of the bathroom and saw me. He smiled at me and saw the plate of food I made for him. His smile grew wider as he walked over to me and took the plate with a "Thank you." 

He came back to the bed. I joined him and saw him take a sip of his orange juice. He then made a whine noise. "What's wrong?" I asked him.

"Nothing, I just wish this was coffee, and it sucks that I'm not going to be able to drink coffee for seven more months," he said to me with a sad face.

"I know. At least we're getting a baby out of that sacrifice." He smiled a little. "Yeah, I guess you're right?" He said to me.

He was soon done with his food and I took care of the plate for him. I came back and told Joe that I was going to take a shower. He nodded and I went into the bathroom. I took my clothes off and turned the water on. I stepped in and the hot water hit my back and it was very relaxing. I closed my eyes and enjoyed the moment.

I got out and put a towel around my waist. I went out and I saw Joe looking at the ultrasound pictures from the last time we went to get an ultrasound. I smiled at that and he noticed I came back into the room. "Hey, Benny," he said to me with a smile. I said hi back and got some clothes out of the drawer. "Are you excited to hear your baby's heartbeat?" He asked me and I nodded happily.

"Of course I am. I'm SO excited," I said to him as I put on some jeans. "I just realized something," he said to me. "What is it?"

"I'm the worst boyfriend ever. I haven't even got you anything for your birthday. Ben, I'm so-" He apologized but I cut him off. "Joe, it's okay. If anything, hearing my baby's heartbeat is going to be the greatest present I've ever gotten. So I think you're okay," I said to him, holding his hands. He smiled and kissed me. He went into the bathroom and I assumed he was going in there for a shower.

We were fully done with our routines and we said goodbye to Joe's family before heading out of the door. He and I are going to have a busy day today because he and I are going to hear the heartbeat of our child and going to pack a few boxes for the house. he and I are supposed to look at the house for the first time today as well. So he and I are going to have a busy day together.

We drove to the doctors and went in and waited. I was so excited but so nervous at the same time, I don't know why. My stomach had butterflies. Joe is now 13 weeks and that would be the end of the first trimester. That was a good thing for us because that meant that our baby no longer has a high chance of miscarriage. 

They soon called his name and I went with him to the room. We went into the small room and the doctor told Joe to lay on the table. "Hello, Mr. Mazzello and Mr. Hardy. Are you ready to hear your child's heartbeat?" The man asked us and we nodded happily. "So how many weeks are you?" The man asked Joe.

"13," Joe said to the man as he got the transducer out.

"That's good. You are now at the end of the first trimester. So I give you a high-five for that," the man said as he squirted the gel on Joe's stomach and high-fived Joe. I smiled because of the nice doctor. The doctor put the transducer on Joe's belly and the screen lit up. Joe took my hand and I watched as the doctor looked for something in Joe's womb. My eyes were pinned to the screen. I couldn't take my eyes off of it, neither could Joe. Then the doctor found something.

(Once again, found this on Google.)

My eyes started to tear up as I saw that

My eyes started to tear up as I saw that. "Your baby now looks more like a human and not a circle. It is no bigger than ten centimeters, though. You can see its head and its body . . . " The doctor said as he pointed to the tiny human on the screen. That was Baby Mazzello. The little love of my life. My baby.

"Are you ready to hear its heartbeat?" The doctor asked us. We nodded, excitedly. The machine started to make noises.

Thump, thump.

Thump, thump.

Thump, thump

Those euphony sounds coming from the machine were my baby's heartbeat. It was a magical sound to hear. Its little heart thumped as my eyes teared up more. I turned to Joe and saw that he too was tearing up with a smile on his face.

Soon the doctors said that everything was done and that we could go home. We were able to keep pictures of our baby and Joe was looking at them the entire car ride. "Happy birthday, Benny," he said to me with a smile. I laughed at that a bit. "Thank you, Joey." I smiled back at him. 

We made it to Joe's house and we went in. Both of us told his family about the appointment and showed them the ultrasound pictures. Joe and I talked about the baby and its heartbeat. Then it was time for Joe and I to go see the house together.

We got back in the car and went off to the house. The house was not that far from Joe's house so we got there quickly. We pulled into the driveway and got out. Joe had a shocked look on his face as he looked at the house longingly. "O-Oh my god, Ben. I don't know what to say."

I smiled at him. "Come on, let's see it together." He smiled back at me and we started walking into the home. 

Joe loved it. Every inch of it. He loved every small room. He loved every big room. He loved it all. Then we went into, what was going to be, the nursery. Joe walked in and admired the room. "This is going to be Baby Mazzello's room," I said to him and he chuckled. He turned around to put his arms around my neck. "I love you so much, Benny," he said to me and I smiled. "I love you, too." I then kissed him.

I'm going to keep this outro short and sweet because I'm beyond fucking tired. I love you so much! Stay cool! Be positive! And don't throw Doritos in plants! (Long story.) Anyway, goodbye!!!