20 - Saturday Night's Alright

March 9 

Today was the day Ben and I are going to see what our baby's gender is. I'm so excited. Ben and I have been discussing girl and boy names. Although we have, he and I just can't find the right one that clicks.

Ben and I are now somewhat completely moved in. Now we have a washer and dryer for laundry, a dishwasher, an oven/stove, a refrigerator, a couch, a TV, and a dining room table. But he and I still need more furniture in order for it to look like a proper house.

I got up and saw Ben sleeping peacefully on the bed. I smiled and went to go get breakfast. I made some for Ben and I and took the plates of food to our room. I woke my boyfriend up and gave him his food.

While we were eating, Ben made conversation. "Hey, Joey?" He asked for me and I perked up to show that I was listening. "I have an idea for our baby's name. Emma, if it's a girl. Daniel, if it's a boy." 
I actually loved those names. Those names sounded like really good names for our baby. "I love those names," I said to him with a smile. "You do?" He asked me happily.
"Yes, I do." He smiled and gave me a hug.

He and I got ready and headed out the door. He and I got to school and headed to our classes.

Soon lunch came around and I sat where I normally sat. I immediately started eating because pregnancy has me hungry as fuck. "Thank God it's Friday. This week has been so stressful," Gwil said to us as he started eating his food.
"Why do you say that?" Ben asked him.

"Because I've been stressed about what college I should go to," Gwil replied back to him.

Ugh, college. The thing that has confused me so much since I was little. Not the college part, but the 'where I should go to' part was very confusing to me. I still don't know what college I want to go to and I still don't know what I want to be for a living. Ben already knows exactly what he wants to be and he is still waiting for a yes or no from the law school he applied for. All I hope for is a good job to support my family.
"What college do you want to go to?" Ben asked him.
"I don't know yet," he replied with a sigh. 

soon lunch was over and we had to go back to our classes. I was about to go into the class when I heard Lucy. "Joe, can you come here?" She asked me. I went around the corner to where she was. She looked around to make sure no one was looking. Then, before everyone else piled into the hallways to get to their class, she pulled me into the janitor's closet. 

"Lucy, what are you doing?" I asked her. 
"Look, I have something really important to tell you," she said to me with worry. Now I was scared about what she had to say.

"The night Rami and I went to the Valentine's Day dance, he and I had sex . . . " She said to me.

"That is great. I'm so happy for you-" She cut me off before I could finish. 

"I didn't finish. He and I are . . . y'know . . . " She sighed before saying it. 

"I'm pregnant," she finally said with a sad face. My mouth dropped to the floor. "H-How though?" She started to tear up.
"He and I didn't use a condom. I don't know what to do, Joe. Please help me," she said to me while crying.
"Lucy, everything is going to be okay," I said to her. "If you're not ready for a baby or if you don't want one, then you don't have to keep it. But if you do you want to keep it or if you feel ready for one, then you can keep it," I said as I gave her a hug.
"I do want to keep it, but I don't know about Rami," she sniffled. 
"Hey, everything will be okay. I promise." 
"Thank you," she told me with a smile.

The rest of the day went normal. Other than Lucy being pregnant, the day was normal. Ben and I got back home and relaxed for a bit before going to the doctor's.

We were at the doctors in no time. Soon we were called into the ultrasound room and I was so excited but nervous. I kind of wanted a boy. No, I wanted a girl. No, I wanted a b-

"So, Mr. Mazzello and Mr. Hardy. We meet again," the man that we saw last time said to us. I laid down on the table and said hello. The man got the transducer and the gel out. 
"So, how many weeks are you?" He asked me as he squirted the gel on my bump.
"22," I said to him with a smile, and he smiled back.
"So you want to know the gender?" He asked me as he put the transducer on my belly. I simply nodded and watched the screen light up. This time it wasn't a normal ultrasound, this time it was a 4D ultrasound to see what the gender is. The doctor searched for a little life in my womb and sooner or later, he did.

"Oh, bingo," he said as he found the baby. Every single time I see my baby in an ultrasound, I tear up, and this is just another one of those moments. "Well, your baby is moving a lot," he said to me and I looked at the screen and he was correct, the baby inside me was frolicking everywhere.
"Alright, I just need to find the spot in between their legs," he said as he moved the transducer around some more.
"Okay, so if you look here you can see clearly that your baby is a girl," he said to us with a smile.

A girl.
Our baby is a girl.
I had no words. I was so happy.

"Our baby is a girl?" Ben asked aloud and the doctor nodded. 
"At this point for the baby, it's completely normal for her to start moving more. As she gets used to having limbs, she tests kicking and punching with her hands and feet," he told us as Ben and I look at the screen with awe. 
"Oh, that's remarkable," the doctor said as he watched the screen.
"What is?" Ben asked.
"She opened her eyes." We looked at her on the screen and saw her blinking. Ben and I smiled once we saw that. "Even though she opened her eyes, that doesn't mean that she can see. In the womb, it is nothing but dark so all she sees is black," he told us, moving the transducer around some more.

Soon the appointment was over and, like usual, we got to keep pictures. We kept pictures of her blinking and moving around. I still can't believe that Ben and I are going to have a daughter. Ben couldn't believe it, either. He was so happy about finding out the gender that he bought blue and pink paint from Home Depot to paint the nursery in preparation of the appointment. Now it looks like he has to return the blue paint.

Ben was holding my hand in the car as he drove us back home. He then told me this, "So . . . can we name our baby Emma?" He asked me with a smile. I laughed a bit. "Emma Hardy. I like that," I said to him with a smile, and he smiled back.

We made it home and settled down in the bedroom. "What a day," Ben sighed with a smile as he flopped on the bed. I just laughed at that and went to go check the mail. 

I went outside and opened the mailbox. I saw a few bills to pay and then I saw a letter for Ben.

It was from the law school he wanted to go to.

I rushed into the house and went to the bedroom. Ben was still laying on the bed and I told him the news. 

"Ben." He muttered a 'yeah' and I continued with what I was saying. 
"Y'know the law school that you wanted to go to? Because you got in," I said to him with a smile. 

He perked up quickly and ran to me. He took the paper out of my hand to see that I wasn't lying. His jaw dropped. "I got in . . . I actually fucking GOT IN!" He yelled in happiness as he looked at the paper. He hugged me, but not too tightly because y'know (pregnancy). He was so happy.
He was jumping up and down everywhere. 

He was now going to law school to become a lawyer.

This book is getting kinda shitty, sorry about it. Anyway, I love you so FrEaKiNg much. I'll talk to you in the next chapter. Goodbye!!