16 - Take Me To Church

You can probably tell from the video at the top that this chapter is going to be fucked. 

Warning-Homophobia, Violence

DECEMBER 1 

Joe's pov

From Thanksgiving on, everything was okay. Ben and I got to see Gwil in the hospital. He was perfectly okay, thank God. They were able to let him out before Thanksgiving so he can be with his family. Ben and I had an amazing Thanksgiving together. I definitely ate a lot but Baby Mazzello/Mazzarella was in the mood to eat. Ben and I are going to hear our baby's heartbeat in a month. I can't tell you how excited I am to hear it. I will never forget the sound of its little heartbeat. It seemed like for the first time in a while, things were okay.

I got up in the morning. The exact time I wanted to be up, 6:40 AM.

My alarm clock beeped and beeped as if it was screaming at me to get up. I hit my alarm clock and it stopped. I turned to my side and saw the most beautiful thing, my boyfriend. I had to wake him up because his suspension was finally over and he could go back to school. "Wake up, Benny boo," I said to him as I nudged him a little. He is not a heavy sleeper so it was easy to wake him up. 

He opened his eyes slowly. His gorgeous greens slowly showing as he opened his eyes more. His hair was messy, but a cute messy. He saw me and smiled. "Good morning, beautiful," he said to me as he gave me a kiss on the lips. 

I got up and went into the bathroom for a shower. I went into the shower and ran a hand through my hair. Then the bathroom door opened. I turned and could see who it was because the door for the shower is glass. It was Ben. He started to take his shirt off. 

"What are you doing?" I asked him, smirking. 

"I'm getting in. We both have to be at school soon," he told me as he was now naked and opened the shower door. "Ben, we can't have sex. We have to focus and get ready for school." He just stood there, smiling. "I know. We don't have to have sex, I can just stare at your beautiful figure as you shower," he said to me as he put his arms around my waist and kissed me.

We did our thing in the shower, and no, we didn't have sex. 

We got out and put on some clothes. We both fixed up our hair and brushed our teeth. We went downstairs and saw my mom making breakfast for us. "Hey, sweetie."

"Hi, mom. Good morning." She gave me a kiss on the cheek. She gave Ben and I a plate of our food. I was about to sit down until I felt nauseous. I ran to the bathroom and puked. It was really loud, too. I got out after a while and saw Ben looking at me. "Having fun?" He asked me jokingly. I laughed and sat down. I told them that I had morning sickness and started eating my breakfast.

Ben and I had our breakfast and headed out the door. We got into my car and he drove us there.

During the drive, he started a conversation.
(The conversation went like this.)
Ben: "I have some really good news."
Me: "What is it?"
Ben: "I applied for a university so I can become a lawyer."
Me: "Okay, how high are your hopes and dreams?"
Ben: "What do you mean?" 
Me: "Well, you flunk a lot of classes, your grades are very low, and you seem to give no effort in school."
Ben: "Hey, I'll have you know that I have an A in Math, English, and History. I have worked my ass off lately to get those grades. And not only that but I have a job now."
Me: "Okay, A: Your family has a huge fortune so I don't think you'll be needing one right now, and B: What are you working as?" 
Ben: "I work at the flower shop down the street."
Me: "Wait, that's where I work."
Ben: "I know."

Then there was silence. We both sighed as the silence went over us.

Me: "So . . . you really want to be a lawyer, huh?"
Ben: "Yeah, of course. I've always wanted to be a lawyer. And I want to be successful so I can help my family. Well, soon-to-be family."
Me: "But what if you don't get accepted?" 
Ben: "Then I'm going to find another law school, I'm not going to give up on this."
Me: "Alright, if you truly feel like you can do it, then do it."
Ben: "You sound like you're doubting my decision."
Me: "No, I'll never doubt you. I believe in you, I swear. I know you can do it . . . it's just, how are going to take care of a baby while trying to manage law school?"