Chapter 3 - Your Chariot Awaits

I threw another pair of pants onto my bed and huffed in frustration. I had suddenly become inept in choosing an outfit, and I was about to lose my mind with frustration. I stood back to look at the mound of clothes I had pulled out of my closet and stared, hopeful that something would stand out to me. 

Everything I had pulled out would look fine together, but I didn't want to look fine. I wanted to look great. This was my first date with Oscar, and I wanted to look as cute as humanly possible. 

I was about to pull another pair of pants out of my dresser when Ferris jumped up onto my bed and started to fluff my clothes. 

"No! Get off my bed you idiot; you're going to snag one of my sweaters," I scolded him as I picked him up and walked him to my bedroom door. I was just about to close the door on his heartbroken face when the doorbell rang. 

Ferris forgot all about my bed and me and ran upstairs to investigate.

I wandered upstairs and peeked outside the window to find out if it was just a deliveryman and my heart swelled with joy. I hurried over to the door, nudged Ferris back with my foot, and opened it, "what are you guys doing here?"

"We came to help you get ready and take you to the game," Trevor smiled, pulling me into a hug. He squeezed me into his firm chest and rocked me back in forth until I was almost dizzy. Once he released me, he nudged his elbow into George's side. 

"We also came to apologize for not giving you a chance to explain," George said, pushing Mia towards me. She looked back, annoyed at the boys but then turned to face me with a sheepish smile. 

"I'm sorry, Lana. Oscar explained what happened, and so we came here the minute school let out," she apologized.

"It's okay, Mia, I understand where you were coming from. I'm sorry too," I opened my arms, and she rushed into them, giving me a bone-crushing hug. It felt like all the air was getting squeezed out of my lungs; it was so hard. I didn't mind because it was nice to have Mia back in my life. 

"I just feel bad for not giving you a chance to explain," she admitted, still holding firm,  "although, to be fair, I would have probably spilled Oscar's secrete out of spite and ruined everything. You have no idea how hard it has been this last month not being allowed to talk to you about everything!" she swayed us back in forth a couple of times before pulling back and smiling. "You know now though! I'm free to pepper you with as many questions as I want, and Oscar can't stop me," her impish grin returned.

I laughed, "you're right! But I get to ask some too, okay?"

"Deal! I have so much to tell you but first, let's get you ready for the game. Come on, Trevs. We need your eye for fashion," she motioned for the boys to follow her inside.

"I don't know why you think I have an eye for female fashion Mia. I spend my time looking at guys, not girls."

"Oh really? What guys are you looking at Trevor?" George asked, unzipping his jacket with a little more force than necessary. Trevor immediately walked over and kissed him, holding George's head in his hands, "no one, babe."

"Good," he smirked, pleased with his boyfriend's response.

"Guys, would you kiss and make up later? We only have 2 hours before we have to leave for the game," Mia clapped her hands to pop them out of their couple's bubble.

"I'm glad you guys are here because I was getting frustrated with trying to figure out what I should wear tonight. Do you know where Oscar is taking me?" I pried, hopeful that one of them would give me some type of hint.

Trevor clasped his hand over Mia's mouth, "don't even think about it," he warned her.

She rolled her eyes and removed his hand from her mouth, "what I was going to say is that we know where he is taking you but have been sworn to secrecy. We are allowed to help you pick out something appropriate for tonight, which is why we're here. You have no idea how excited we are for this day to finally be here," Mia explained.