Chapter 16 - It's All Coming Together

My blood ran cold.

Just when I thought I was able to leave all of the highschool drama back in Colorado this weekend, Austin had somehow entered the picture. Not only was he here, but he was also currently leaning against the side of canyon almost caging Erin in so that she couldn't leave. The look on her face alone was enough to snap me out of my state of shock and stomp my way over to them.

"Do you mind leaving my friend alone?" I instructed, acid dripping from my every word.

He turned to face me and I watched as Austin's eyes dragged over my body, slowly, as if he was checking me out. Those once mesmerizing eyes now made my skin crawl and got goosebumps to rise despite the intense desert heat.

"Why? You jealous?" he smirked.

"I would rather fall off a cliff than be this close to you ever again," I mocked. I stretched out my hand towards Erin and she grabbed it like a lifeline. I pulled her to my side and squeezed her hand in reassurance. "Thank you," she whispered as she stood close behind me.

"I highly doubt that," he ignored my jab and ran a hand through his hair.

"Why are you even here?" I challenged.

"Why wouldn't I be? After that article in Climbing I knew I had to be here to meet some of those up and coming girls in rock climbing," he raked his eyes over Erin and me again and smirked, "and let me tell you, it's been worth it so far for the view alone."

I visibly shuddered at the mere thought that Austin had read the article about us and seen those horrible photos. I should have never let the competition directors swindle us into wearing those skimpy outfits and all of that make-up.

Then everything clicked into place.

That day in the locker room.

He must have been talking about me or one of my friends when he told his friends that he had plans this weekend to sleep with some "hot chick". They had asked him to show them a picture. I could almost hear the disgusting grunts of approval while they possibly undressed one of my friends with their eyes.

It was so slimy, creepy and completly mortifying I wanted to run away from him and never look back.

"So, what do you ladies say? Are you interested in coming back with me to my room?" He leaned against the wall again and smiled like he had this in the bag. Like he was God's gift to women and that it was an honor for us to even have the offer of sleeping with him.

"Don't you have a girlfriend?" I asked, trying to keep my anger from boiling over. The last thing I need right now is to get thrown out of the competition for kicking him in the balls so hard he keels over and never gets back up.

"Nah, it wouldn't be fair for me to let one girl keep this all to herself now would it?"

"You're disgusting," Erin spat, clutching onto my arm a little harder. Neither one of us are confrontational people, but together, with her literally having my back, I felt a whole lot braver. It helped that I could only feel absolute anger right now leaving no room for fear or anxiety.

I rose my chin and glared at him," you don't have a girlfriend? Huh. Do you want me to let Brynn know that you two are over? I bet she would be very interested to find out you're not at your grandma's this weekend."

He pushed off the wall as confusion washed over those handsome features that once used to hold power over me. Now they made me want to punch them into oblivion.

"Do I know you?" he asked.

After literally sitting next to me for almost a month, you seriously don't know who I am? The nerve of this guy! But, knowledge is power so maybe I can use this upper hand to my advantage and get under his skin a little.