Chapter 18 - Teach Me How To Throw Punches

It was like everyone was frozen in time, completely caught off guard by what just happened. My eyes connected with Oscars, and he reached out to give my knee a comforting squeeze. Before the comfort of his touch could calm my nerves, he was up and out the same door as Mia and Paige. I took a deep breath once his blond surfer curls disappeared from view and turned back to the table.

George was clutching his napkins like a stress ball and was slowly turning red with anger. You could feel the frustration radiating off him in waves. Trever shot Austin's table a glare before placing a hand on George's back in an attempt to calm him down.

"I want to kill him," George seethed.

"I know," Trevor clenched his jaw, "I do too. But if we kill him here, in front of all these people, we might get caught," Trever joked, trying to relieve some of the tension.

"Fair point," George deadpanned.

I looked back towards Austin's tables again and felt my blood boil at just the sight of him. How could he be so cruel and heartless? How could so many people sitting in this room not care! And worst of all, why am I still sitting here?

I stood up from my chair and grabbed my phone, "I need to go talk to someone."

"Don't bother Lana. The administrators are useless when it comes to disciplining Austin and his pack of dip shits," grumbled George.

I waved him off, "no, no, I'm not talking about them. I'm going to go find the one person here I believe can actually help us teach Austin a lesson."

"Who?" Trevor asked.

"Drew."

George and Trevor looked at each other, having a full, silent conversation in the span of 4 seconds.

Trevor turned back to me and shrugged his shoulders, "if you think he would actually do something this time and not just stand there, then we say go for it."

"Might be nice to have someone who's actually been a part of the brat pack on our side this time," George chimed in.

"Okay, cool. I don't want to involve him in this if you guys aren't going to be comfortable being around him."

"Thanks, Lana," George smiled, "but if Drew has really changed like you say he has, then I think we can try and give him a second chance."

"Especially if he can actually help us make a difference this time," Trevor added.

"Go find him. And if you happen to see Oscar, Mia, and Paige, can you let them know Trevs and I are going to grab everyone's stuff and move to a table inside," George planned.

"For sure! I'll text you guys if I come across them."

"Cool. Now go find Mr. dark and broody," Trevor shooed me with his hands.

With that, I turned on my heels and left the outdoor quad towards the main hallway of the school.

Now, where would Drew be eating lunch if he hated his old friends, didn't like people enough to make new ones, but still wanted to eat?

I decided to head in the opposite direction of the gym. If I had a bunch of athletic ex-friends, getting as far away from them as possible would be my number one priority.