Chapter 4

Chapter 4

●●●

Yoongi had always known that wolves were by far not a common thing in these woods, but they did live here.

When he was younger his mother had always forced him to carry a wolf whistle around with him, just in case he'd run into one. Of course now that he didn't have anything with him to defend himself he'd run into one.

Hesitant, not sure on whether to run or not to move, he stood there, slowly straightening his back. The wolf was enormous. Yoongi had heard of wolves being bigger than dogs but for some reason he'd always expected them to be maybe as tall as a husky. This one's back was higher than Yoongi's waist. Yoongi was pretty sure that the wolf might be able to kill a bear with how sharp and long its fangs were.

Running off probably wasn't an option. What had he heard about wolves so far? There must have been something that would be useful right now.

He glanced around, checking for a stick or something along the lines. Something he might have been able to use as a weapon. The wolf was still watching him with big eyes, his nose moving, taking whiffs of the air around them and Yoongi's smell.

Yoongi did his best not to startle the wild animal when he took a step back, but before he could react the wolf took a huge leap, jumping at him and making him trip under the weight of the creature. Yoongi groaned when his head hit the forest floor, he was seeing stars and the wolf's fangs were just centimeters from his face, hot breath fanning over him. Its weight knocked the air out of Yoongi, but there were more important things to focus on.

Accepting his fate as dog food Yoongi closed his eyes, but the expected pain didn't come. Instead the wolf started licking his face with way too much force, its tail wagging happily as he waddled around on top of Yoongi.

Trying to shield his face from the attacks Yoongi put his hands up but the wolf simply went for his neck, licking him all over. Yoongi tried to get up but wasn't able to because the huge animal kept stepping onto his chest, pushing him back down.

As much as the wolf seemed to be friendly Yoongi could feel himself panicking. As if he could sense it the animal stopped moving around so much and instead just laid down on Yoongi's chest, burying its nose in Yoongi's neck.

This felt a bit too familiar. Yoongi's eyes widened. "Wait..." A long silence. "I know you, don't I?" The wolf lifted his head, looking at him with eyes that could have been saying "Seriously? It took you this long?".

Hesitant, because he still wasn't sure whether he was right and if it would be a good idea, he brought his hand up and ran it over the wolf's fur. The huge dog closed its eyes, enjoying the petting. When the wolf finally allowed him to get up, Yoongi still felt a bit dizzy from hitting his head earlier.

The wolf brushed against his legs and was wagging its tail. Yoongi looked at the huge creature. Was that really the pup he'd spent the whole last summer with? It would make sense as to why a wolf was being this friendly towards him, but then again, it was a bit absurd that he hadn't realized he was a wolf all along.

Also it was surprising that he still seemed to remember him well.

Yoongi stood there, a bit unsure of what to do now. Should he simply go get those eggs his mum was asking for or should he turn around and walk back to his house? Did he want to walk around with a four feet wolf by his side?

Not really. Pulling his phone from his pocket he dialed his mother's number. "Hey mum. Sorry, I got held up and I'll have to go back to my room. It's kind of important. I can go get those eggs tomorrow, okay?"

The wolf was watching him almost patiently. Yoongi put his phone back into his pocket, looking at the wolf. "This is so weird. What are you gonna do now? Follow me?" The wolf wagged his tail from the second Yoongi started talking to him, putting most of his weight on his hind legs and looking like he was about to jump Yoongi any second.

He looked exactly like a puppy did when its owner had finally come home. Yoongi sighed. "You're cute but isn't this a bit weird?" The weirdest part was probably that he was talking to a dog. No... not dog... wolf.

Instead of talking to himself any more he leant down, running his hand through the soft fur. "Such a pretty thing though. You seem to have taken good care of yourself." Yoongi chuckled. Okay, maybe he would continue talking to himself.

The wolf barked almost contently before jumping without a warning and almost making Yoongi lose his balance again, supporting himself with his paws on Yoongi's chest. "Careful, careful. You're a heavy boy now." Yoongi said, patting the wolfs sides when the wolf tried licking his face again. His face was probably covered in dog drool at this point.

"Doesn't that mean you really don't have a name? I thought maybe you might have an owner but apparently not? Should I give you one?" Yoongi asked, patting the animal's head.

The huge dog barked before licking Yoongi's face again. Like he was trying to talk.

"Is that a yes?" Another bark. Yoongi chuckled, patting the dog's neck. "I need something to call you by... uhm... how about... is it sad if I name you after my favorite dog from nintendogs?" The wolf cocked his head to the side. "It is sad, isn't it?"

"Uhm... how about... Jung... Jung... Jungkook? What do you think about that?" The wolf yipped happily.

"You sound like you like it." Yoongi chuckled and Jungkook licked his face again. "Ewwww stop that."

A/N

Okay this story I'm reaaaaally looking forward to continue writing~