Chapter 16

Chapter 16

●●●

"So the whole wolf thing happens when you want it to, or is it subconscious? Because you said that you didn't intentionally reveal yourself as a human." Yoongi began, sitting down next to Jungkook.

Jungkook played with his feet still looking rather nervous. It wasn't surprising. After all, just like Yoongi he had no idea how things were going to continue from here on. The only thing that Yoongi had already approved was that Jungkook was going to stay there with him.

"Usually shifting is intentionally but when I'm too relaxed, for example when I'm sleeping in a safe environment, it can happen that I shift on accident." he explained. "I haven't been able to shift for a long time though. The first time I did was when you saw me like this the first time. We, my kind, we are born and usually spend our first few months in wolf form before we turn. The first time it happens it's not on purpose. It just happens when we're somewhere we feel safe. It's probably because our human form is weaker. It took me a year because I was on my own and never somewhere that made me feel like a shift was safe. That's probably why it happened when you were back."

Not knowing what to say Yoongi opened his mouth a couple of times before closing it again. Jungkook had felt save around him. Sure, he had said it before, but that was adorable somehow. It made him happy. "That's why you couldn't talk? Because you never learned it?"

Jungkook nodded, crossing his legs. "I... how is it now? I tried practicing it a bit while you were gone. I knew how things were supposed to be said anyways. Just didn't know how to actually use my mouth to say them."

"Wouldn't even be able to tell that you're new to talking." Yoongi reassured. He wasn't lying. Now words just seemed to easily roll of Jungkook's tongue. He couldn't even compare it to the way Jungkook had stuttered out his own name the first time they had met.

"Thanks." The smile he got from Jungkook made his heart beat faster. It was an adorable eye smile that showed off small imperfections that seemed perfect in their own way.

"Now a question that might dampen the mood a bit but I'm curious. Why did your... pack, right? Your pack's alpha want to get rid of you?" Yoongi asked. He really didn't get it. Why would a humanoid creature kick out a pup that was as cute as Jungkook? As much of an annoyance he had been over the weeks Yoongi had spent with him, one cute sound and Yoongi couldn't stay angry for too long.

"He was scared that I'd challenge him once I got older. Because I was born to be an alpha too. He didn't want to risk having me around." Jungkook's eyes were fixed on the ground. Even though he had hardly spent time with Jungkook's human form he could tell that he probably still had some scars from that. Being forced to leave whatever family you had behind at such an young age. Yoongi couldn't imagine what that had to feel like.

"But wouldn't that mean that he just kicks out every Alpha that is born in his pack? That's horrible."

"Alphas are rare. Most packs don't even have an Alpha as a leader but instead just a strong minded beta." Jungkook explained.

"You know a lot. When did you have to leave?"

There was a long, drawn out silence. They could hear the slight noise of rain falling onto the roof of the shed and Yoongi was almost about to ask something else when Jungkook answered.

"The day he found out. My mum hid me from him and taught me as much as she could for me to survive, things that should help me later. When he found out I had been born and an Alpha he tried to kill me, but my mother protected me and I got away. So I have at least some knowledge of some of it... although there's a lot I don't know too."