Chapter 7

Chapter 7

●●●

Yoongi spontaneously decided to sleep over at Jimin's place since it was pretty late already and the way back to his parents' house was not the most well lit. Of course his mother had nothing to say against it. After all she had always had quite the sweet spot for his pink haired neighbor.

The only one who seemed bothered by Yoongi's stay overnight was Jungkook, who didn't even greet him when Yoongi came back home the next day. Instead he rolled up in the shadow of one of the big maple trees, silently sulking.

"Hey Jungkook, what are you doing over there?" The wolf had the audacity to huff and turn away, acting like he hadn't heard Yoongi. "Well okay, arrogant flea bag. I guess I will be going on a walk without you then?"

He didn't fail to notice the way Jungkook's ears twitched, but the animal tried to act like it still didn't care. "There might be some very dangerous animals like snakes or mountain lions that might attack me and I will be aaaaaaaall on my own." Another twitch in Jungkook's ear. Yoongi could have sworn Jungkook understood every single word he said.

"I guess I'll just g..." And Jungkook finally got up, trotting over towards him, his tail not wagging like it usually would and acting like he was bored and didn't care. Yoongi watched the oversized dog in amusement. When he was about a meter away from Yoongi Jungkook sneezed almost in a provoking manner before looking at Yoongi like "I'll come with you if you want me to that badly."

Yoongi let out a low chuckle before reaching his hand out for Jungkook, who simply ignored him and slipped past him, staring straight ahead. "I swear, I feel like you're human sometimes."

Jungkook was quick to disappear in the thicket.

The heat only got worse and worse. Of course it did. It never got easier. Yoongi was lying on his beach chair, a wet towel carelessly thrown over his almost naked body. Wearing anything aside from his shorts would have been suicide.

Jungkook was doing the same thing, just rolling around in the kiddy pool and trying to cool himself in the already lukewarm water Yoongi had filled in around an hour before. When he did it had been freezing.

Yoongi sighed. There wasn't a lot of time left. He'd have to go back to Seoul in a couple of days, because of all the work he'd have to do still.

"Hey JK."

The wolf lifted his head from where he was resting his snoot in the warm water. A couple of drops threatened to roll off his fur but stayed in place long enough to distract Yoongi from what he wanted to say. Not that Jungkook would actually get what he was saying. But he liked talking to the oversized dog.

"Will you miss me when I leave again?" Jungkook's ears shot up, a sound coming from him that sounded awfully much like confusion.

"I'll have to go back to Seoul soon." Yoongi admitted, before watching Jungkook get up and slowly walking over to him, his head raised. It was so weird how Yoongi always felt like the wolf actually understood what he was saying.

Jungkook rested his head on Yoongi's leg, looking up at him with begging eyes before letting out a small whine from the depths of his throat. Smiling a bit sadly Yoongi reached his arm out and patted over Jungkook's side. "Are you gonna miss me, buddy?"

Another sad sound. Jungkook was probably just reacting to his tone of voice and had no idea what he was actually saying.

"I'll miss you too." Yoongi had an idea. "Maybe I should tell my parents about you and they could feed you every once in a while. That's... kind of not a bad idea. We could adopt you properly and you'd still be here next time I'll come here."

If he was being honest, Yoongi liked that thought a lot. If he did Jungkook would be here next winter for sure. Sure, it was a bit weird to adopt a wolf, but Jungkook was pretty family friendly. Slowly not to startle Jungkook he stood up from where he was sitting. He'd just go to his parents and...

A deep throaty growl stopped him. The sound came from Jungkook. A sound Yoongi hadn't heard come from the wolf ever since he was a small pup. He turned around to find Jungkook with his teeth bared, his whole body tense, looking like he was ready to attack.

Yoongi's heart leaped in his chest. For the first time since the day he'd met Jungkook he was actually scared of the wolf. He took a step back, swallowing hard, his hands going to his pocket, feeling for his phone. He shouldn't have forgotten Jungkook was a wild animal. Even if he was friendly and docile towards him most of the time, Jungkook was a dangerous predator who could easily tear Yoongi to pieces.

He took another step back. What had he done to set Jungkook off like this? Was Jungkook gonna attack him? He sure looked like he was ready to, with his gray fur standing, fangs blinking in the sun. Ears pressed to the back of his head and chest vibrating under the dark warning sound he made. His whole body was tense, his chest pushed to the ground, like he was going to leap at Yoongi any second.

Yoongi simply stood there frozen. He didn't want anything he did to trigger Jungkook, but at the same time, he couldn't just wait for Jungkook to attack him. What felt like an eternity passed, although it was probably just seconds, and Jungkook very slowly went back to the way he was before. Starting with closing his mouth, his ears perking up again before getting back into a more relaxed standing position.

Maybe it was all in Yoongi's head but the wolf's eyes almost looked apologetic. He took a couple of steps into Yoongi's direction, dropping his head in a somewhat submissive manner and letting out a small whine.

Yoongi's heart was still leaping in his chest as he stared at Jungkook, who was looking right back at him.

When Yoongi didn't say or do anything for a good ten seconds Jungkook let out another tortured whine before taking the last small taps towards Yoongi, who was still trying to calm down after what had happened seconds before. When he felt Jungkook push his snout against the palm of his hand he almost flinched away. Jungkook whimpered softly before rubbing his head against Yoongi's leg. Now he sounded sad.

Yoongi wasn't sure what to make of all of this. Jungkook had threatened to attack him just seconds ago and now he was acting like nothing had happened. Was this going to be a reoccurring thing? Hell, Yoongi let Jungkook sleep in his room. He hadn't even thought about how dangerous that actually was. What if the next time that happened was in his sleep?

Jungkook whined again, rubbing against Yoongi, like he was trying to show him he wasn't dangerous. Yoongi wasn't really sure what to think anymore.

Yoongi had to do some thinking... and for now Jungkook would have to sleep outside.