Chapter 9

Chapter 9

●●●

"I swear I will be back sooner this time. Probably the winter." Yoongi promised, watching as Jungkook jumped around in front of him, running in small circles, his tail wagging agitatedly.

"C'mere big boy." Yoongi grinned as he sat down and Jungkook instantly jumped towards him, sending both of them tumbling to the ground where Jungkook covered his face in a bunch of kisses. Yoongi laughed, which of course led to Jungkook licking his mouth like he had done so many times before.

"Promise me you will take good care of yourself and be back once I show up again?" Yoongi asked softly, grabbing the fur on the sides of Jungkook's neck and rubbing it enthusiastically. Jungkook licked his nose, then his cheek and then of course the lips.

Yoongi let out a sigh. "If you don't show up I will be really sad okay?"

Jungkook was nuzzling his snout against Yoongi's ear, slobbering it up.

With a bit of a painful stinging in his chest at the thought of not seeing Jungkook for half a year and possibly not seeing him ever again, he got up. "I have to go... I might miss my train otherwise."

Jungkook whimpered sadly, pushing himself up on his hind legs while supporting himself with his front legs on Yoongi's chest. The boy pulled Jungkook into a crushing hug. They just stood there like that, Jungkook slowly and a bit hesitant dropping his head on Yoongi's shoulder and making some whining sounds again.

"You're on your best behavior today, aren't you?" Yoongi teased, pecking Jungkook's fur before rubbing his back. Apparently having enough from the hug Jungkook wriggled out of Yoongi's hold and started running his tongue all over Yoongi's face again.

For a couple of seconds Yoongi let him, before carefully pushing him off. "Oooookay that's enough." He smiled warmly before kissing the tip of Jungkook's snout. "I swear, you're worse than my ex with this affection thing." Yoongi joked before getting up and pushing his hair back and glancing around the area.

He was going to miss this place. Especially Jungkook.

"Goodbye, bud."

Just five months later Yoongi was sitting in the library of his college, snow falling outside while he was sitting in the warmth of the building, drinking some coffee to keep him awake, wearing a wide sweater for when he would leave the building again.

His phone rang, breaking his never existing concentration on the task sheet. Quickly to make sure he wasn't bothering anyone he made his way over to a vacant corner before picking up. It was his mum.

"Yoongi sweet heart! How are you? Are you eating well?" Her voice sounded from the other end of the line. Yoongi smiled, leaning against one of the shelves.

"I'm great. And my roommate is forcing me to eat whenever I have one of my hour long inspiration boosts so I'm doing fine in that department as well. How are you?"

"Oh I'm good. Just a bit sad that you won't be coming home for Christmas." She said, then there was a long pause. "A bit nervous too. There has been a lot going on lately. Apparently we have wolves around here again. One of the hunters shot one so the whole village is a bit nervous to let their children into the woods." His mum explained and Yoongi could feel his heart sink in his chest.

There was no way it was Jungkook, right? No way in hell.

"Uhm mum... I might be coming for Christmas after all. I actually have a lot less to do than I originally thought." Yoongi quickly said, feeling his heart beat in his chest. He really hoped it wasn't Jungkook. That ball of fur had grown onto him. And he had promised that they would see each other again.

"Really? That's good news, Yoongi. I'll tell your dad. He'll be happy to hear that you're coming." She chirped happily, before right away calling for her husband. Yoongi smiled, even though he still felt an uncomfortable feeling settle in the depths of his stomach. What if Jungkook didn't show up?